1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

New Lures.

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Robert Stone, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Robert Stone

Robert Stone Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2017
    Those of you that are into lures,I don't know if you know there is a website on ebay called Tournament Tackle Australia. These people have the art of copying well known lures and selling them at half the price of the orginals. Worth a look if you don't know already.

diesel and kev. like this.
  2. Robert Stone

Jan 2, 2017
    I bought two Suparpens. OK. Half price compared to the orginal price.

Tackleberry, diesel and kev. like this.
  3. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    I've bought a few topwater lures from them and they work, wasn't very impressed with the trebles though so changed them to Decoy.

Jeff

Robert Stone, Tackleberry and kev. like this.
  4. Robert Stone

Jan 2, 2017
    Yes, there all made in China. I change to at least one assist hook.

kev. likes this.
  5. reelaxation

reelaxation Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2016
    I think I rather buy the real-deal sugapen, by the time you replace split rings and trebles or add assist hooks it works out roughly the same cost a an original sugapen anyway and the cheap chunese knock-offs dont have the same action.

kev. likes this.
  6. Robert Stone

Jan 2, 2017
    I have the orginal sugarpens and the copies. There is no difference. I know other pro fishing guys have bought the copies and there happy. Also the Wilson Fish Trap copies, you can't tell the difference. I only use assist hooks because they work.The trebles on the orginal sugarpens are filmsy. There also is a guy on ebay selling good quality assist hooks at the right price and they work.

kev. likes this.