1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

New member ( lake bg, Canberra)

Discussion in 'Fishing General Chat' started by Liamprior, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Liamprior

Liamprior New Member

Jun 29, 2019
    Hey guys new member.
    Basically I'm down here for work from qld and looking for some info to chase some redfin etc in lbg.
    Only land based at the moment but some spots to try. Etc would be much appreciated. Cheers guys

2. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    Hi Liamprior, welcome to TBX

Liamprior and creekboy like this.
  3. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    X2. Cheers, creekboy.

Liamprior and kev209 like this.
  4. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    We had a dedicated redfin fisher in Canberra. Sadly other pressures forced him away from TBX. I can't help from down the coast but hope someone else can chip in with some info for a new member. Noel.

5. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Welcome to the forum, Liam.

As Noel stated, we used to have a full blown redfinner on here, but long gone. I seem to recall that in recent times there have been other new members from around the ACT and perhaps one of them will see your post and pitch in with some info.

Blair, where are you? You know the Canberra area, don't you?

Jeff

6. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    Yes Jeff. That was Kambah Critter (Anthony Harris) . I still see Ant now and then when he comes here for a fish. He has stayed with us several times and we've shared a few dinners here and with them while holidaying in a B&B in Tuross.
    Lovely bloke. Lovely family.

7. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2017
    Welcome Liamprior to TBX, good luck and looking forward to seeing how you go..
    Cheers Wally

8. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    On the very day I mentioned Kambah Critter here; that afternoon Ant rang to say g'day. Told him about this post and I wouldn't be surprised if he checked in to TBX. He has not said he would; I just think it possible. Noel

9. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    It would be good to have him back, Noel. A lot of knowledge was lost with the collapse of the old TBX, knowledge that can only come from experienced people like Ant.

That is an amazing coincidence that he rang on that very day - strange things are afoot in the cosmos. :confused:

Jeff

creekboy, Old fisho and kev209 like this.
  10. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Welcome aboard Liamprior . As far as I know the same gear as bream and trout will suffice . Rods line and reels lures as well .

Liamprior, creekboy, kev209 and 2 others like this.
  11. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    gday liampior, I grew up in Canberra and fished lbg , seen major change in lake after some knobheads decided to put carp in it, had fun catching them anyway. I noticed it began to clear up after cod were put in it, whithout informing public. I pulled in a cod and lost it at bank and lots would not beleive me. I would go down kent st in yaralumla turn right towards yacht club and before yacht club there is a rocky point u can catch cod there and I would say carp still as well, may be a tarzan rope there still as well it was a beuty.just had a look on google maps it is Attunga point near southern cross yacht club.
    good luck.
    observant of u diesel, I was having a nice bit of time off some inconsiderate bugger rang me and offered me work whith 50% payrise so I will pump up my bank account for a while, 6 days a week Also still restoring yz125.
    cheers

12. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    I guess it comes from a lifetime of talking to or reading about fishos, where they fish and their knowledge of certain areas. There are some things that my 'pea brain' retains and a lot that it discards - fishing info gets locked in :).

Jeff

creekboy, kev209 and Old fisho like this.