1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

New moderator required

Discussion in 'Fishing General Chat' started by kev209, May 7, 2018.

1. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    I quit

2. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    WTF?......Creekboy.

Old fisho likes this.
  3. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    Sad, but thought you were finishing (as moderator) several weeks ago. Hope you'll still be around as a normal member.

AJ Fishman, reelaxation and creekboy like this.
  4. reelaxation

reelaxation Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2016
    X2 mate, very sad to see you go after all the work you have put in...

:(

Time for Tim to step up and do what a site owner needs to do- run the bloody site the way it needs to be run!

Rod Bender, creekboy and Old fisho like this.
  5. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    X2, you said it all. Cheers, creekboy.

Old fisho likes this.
  6. DeeBeeKay

DeeBeeKay Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Too right. cheers davo

creekboy and Old fisho like this.
  7. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    This!

Especially in regards to Tim being more proactive. To be honest I have deleted my account on the odd forum at times and would do the same here except for a handful of people that are here...and because of them, and the good old days of TBX, I would like to see it return to a more active forum. I even deleted my Facebook account but it is the favorite of many and I don't think any fishing forum can compete.

I would love to post more fishing content on here but just can not get the fish! If the forum was shown to be more 'stable', I would think more people will post. This may then attract others to do the same, especially newer members.
    Cheers
    Jim

8. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    At a rough guess I would say that less than 10 of us post anything on a regular basis and with a total membership of around four and a half thousand, that seems to be about par for the course. I am a member of a prospecting forum with about the same number of members and it is a similar situation in that only a handful of us are active posters. It is the same on a camp oven cooking forum where I am a member - most of the posts are coming from a very small percentage of the total membership.

As for the decision by Kev to step down as moderator, obviously something has recently happened to prompt that decision. I spent a short time as a moderator on a prospecting forum and it can be a thankless task, especially trying to pacify those who take umbrage to the comments of others, but I did have one ace up the sleeve and that was the ability to delete membership when things got out of hand and I think Tim should look seriously at extending that power to the moderator of TBX, whether it is Kev or somebody new. Provided that power is not abused by a mod, it can be a handy tool at times to keep a forum running on an even keel.

Jeff

9. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2016
    WOW what did I miss ????

creekboy likes this.
  10. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Not sure what the story is, Tac. Kev hasn't elaborated on what prompted his decision and fair enough, he has other issues in his life to deal with and maybe it was time to step down.

Jeff