1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Ok So what was my theory?

Discussion in 'Chewing the fat' started by Master Baiter, Sep 4, 2019.

1. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    M.B the inventor

2. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2017
    Ha Ha, many a word spoken in jest I invented a sales roll scanner 40 years ago and sold it to NCR.
    This one https://patents.google.com/patent/WO1993024982A1/ in the early stages of Solar in the irrigation field. Sold a quarter of a million dollars worth within Australia three months of being on the Market sold to Toro now world wide.

3. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    Experience tells me that Gorilla is far and away the best of all the super glues. The tubes seem to be full too which is better than Selleys give you. Have used Selleys Knead it on boats but never considered it as bait. Tell us more.
    Noel

Master Baiter likes this.
  4. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    ah we have a genius inventor on tbx. What is your trade or proffesion then Wally. I am a sheetmetalworker by trade did mechanical engineering certificate. done pipework, tubework , boilerwork mostly stainless steel. work whith cranes now easier.

Old fisho and Master Baiter like this.
  5. Master Baiter

Mar 31, 2017
    I started in the Merchant Navy then Royal Marines Later I joined GJ Coles as a storeman, worked my way up to a Kmart Manager attended the fith World retailers conference in Swedan and finished as a operations supervisor.
    Started working for myself in 1986 selling galvanised tanks to the bush. Then started putting Sprinler systems in domestic Gardens 22 years later I sold my buisness in which we looked after 30 of the top golf courses in Vic. Installed Golf, and all top sporting Venues, also installed Sewaage pump houses pumps and
    discharge outlets in country Towns. Had a Irrigation shop and Nursery.
    Education kicked out of School when I was fourteen told not to come back as I was unteachable.
    I was happy I had my own trade Poaching pretty good at that.
    Wally

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    blair, Rod Bender and Old fisho like this.
  6. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    Not a bad track record for someone not worth keeping in school.
    Hope you're proud of it.
    Noel
    left school at 13, but wasn't kicked out

blair and Master Baiter like this.
  7. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    You just have to have the drive and passion to be succesfull, I got suspended from school at 15 for being drunk at school dance when we had bands in, not really dancing. couldn't wait to get working. School said I could go back I said no I am working and didn't go back. Was working as a brickies labourer thought it was great. Earnt a good living as a tradesman probably made more $ than most or all people in my school. Always thought school was mostly not worth learning but was fun. Just taught myself what I need to know and recognize what is bullshit and what is not when it comes to earning a living!
    Education department probably doesn't like guys like us being successfull.
    Good achievments Wally.
    How did you get to leave school at 13 Noel u crafty bugger.
    I have got nothing against teachers, tried to get into tafe teaching.

Goat : drinks less now than when at school.

8. Master Baiter

Mar 31, 2017
    My wife went to Morongo Presbyterian Girls college all her life,and my Girls went to Methodist Ladies College all their Schooling, but none of them have much common snse if any at times Lol.

Rod Bender likes this.
  9. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    ha ha hope they dont read your post, you will be in trouble.

10. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    Sometimes thing happen quickly in life. An older brother seriously damaged his neck after hitting a post in a footy match one day. I was asked (read as told) to leave school immediately and help his wife run the little country butcher shop. Knew stuff all about it of course but we managed to survive somehow until he returned to normal. Looking back, it was amazing that people continued to go there but people were different in those days. The farming 'cockies' who often killed their own sheep, willingly offered help too. I eventually spent twelve years as a fairly good butcher but hated it. Had there been a choice I'd have joined the navy or been a chippie. Left butchering and worked as a carpenter building houses for a few years.
    My boss who left primary teaching to become manager of the workshop office after I found my love of furniture upholstery, something I was obviously good at, also went to Morongo for a while and did her teacher training in Geelong.
    Never made lots of dough but I had the best job in the world, it being as I know now, the one I was born to do. Had 10-12 on the staff at one point. But it's much harder work than most people imagine and many of us end up suffering with hand and arm problems. It's an inherent part of the industry. It's over 20 years since I was officially pensioned off. Forget the cardiac issues; fishing is one of few things I can still do with adding to problems from those days. Son owns and operates the business to this day.
    Noel
    Professional stuffer upper.

11. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    that's not the way u want to leave school but u were needed to help out and found a good way to earn a living later. hope your brother recovered from footy injuiries

Master Baiter and Old fisho like this.