1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Ozzy's New Boat

Discussion in 'Boats' started by Ozzy, Aug 12, 2008.

1. skinnee

skinnee New Member

Apr 17, 2009
    Ozzy,

Did you put ply over the seats and on the side of the seats or direct stick the carpet?

If you still have the product id for the carpet, could you post it here to (i need to travel 3 hrs to get to Clark Rubber)

2. Ozzy

Ozzy New Member

Nov 30, 2005
    I just stuck the carpet straight to the Ally mate , I just scuffed it up with a bit of wet and dry 180 grit paper first. I used bostik glue also from Clark Rubber , I'm sorry I don't have the id code for the carpet all I know is it is rubber backed marine carpet and cost me 44.95 a metre.

Cheers
    Ozzy

3. skinnee

skinnee New Member

Apr 17, 2009
    no worries, hopefully i will be in Adelaide this month for work and can sneak a look at one of the stores

4. Ozzy

Ozzy New Member

Nov 30, 2005
    After reading the rules about anchor lights and heights etc I decided I'd get a different anchor light instead of the small one I had , so as to not have any dramas with the powers that be , this one is able to be seen 360 degrees , it's an LED and is able to be taken out during daylight hours.

Cheers
    Ozzy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. bognoel

bognoel New Member

Mar 2, 2009
    does it have a lock in feature cause if not i would be putting some kind on safety lanyard on it to prevent it going overboard

6. Ozzy

Ozzy New Member

Nov 30, 2005
    Yes mate the knob half way up the shaft in the last pic slides down and once turned it locks it in as in the top pic at the bottom you can see it

Cheers
    Ozzy

7. Rusty Can

Rusty Can New Member

Jan 5, 2010
    What a great job Ozzy well done gives me lots of ideas...Dazza

8. Phrozius

Phrozius New Member

Feb 17, 2010
    Very nice work mate. Hope to do something similar at some stage :)

9. cod adventurer

cod adventurer New Member

Jul 11, 2009
    lecky

Geat job mate you should build a few like this to make some kanga
    you appear to have done a nice custom job
    I shall give you a tip involve your eletric susy coil in your jocky strap to stop the susy coil floging around as that is usually a problem for the snakes they seem to get a intermitat break in a internal wire.
    You have got to christen the reburth with a green fish
    Good luck

10. hazmail

hazmail New Member

Aug 2, 2008
    Great thread Ozzy, heaps of good info here. Thanks - Pete

11. iicandy

iicandy New Member

Mar 14, 2010
    hey ozzy gr8 job mate im currently doing mods to my boat and was wondering when you did your false floor is there any need of pins/bolts to hold to floor from moving or there is no need ? just asking people for there opinion m8 thanks

12. Benvolio

Benvolio New Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Wow Ozzy, great job. Fantastic resource for first-time boat owners and refurb jobs alike.

13. Ozzy

Ozzy New Member

Nov 30, 2005
    Gday iicandy I just have my floor sitting in there nice and tight , it doesn't move at all

Cheers
    Ozzy