1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Polycraft Pricing

Discussion in 'Boats' started by User1, May 1, 2006.

1. User1

User1 Active Member

Aug 11, 2004
    I'm curious and haven't been able to find any pricing on the net for these.

I know ozzy and tex both have these. What sort of ball park are they in?

2. ozdevil

ozdevil New Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Marc

for ozzy's size tuppaware container for boat,trailer and motor and all the other accessories he has put on it came to around 12000 new but in a nutshell i reckon if you just only wanted boat trailer,and motor you will get away with about 10 grand

over all they are a good solid boat and i dont think you woud be to dissapointed in them very stable.... ozzy,chez and myself with an overall weight of ourselves over 300kgs all on one side of the boat it leaned but you felt safe ad still had good freeboard...mind you with only 2 people onboard it will see very little lean

cheers
    OZ

3. tex

tex New Member

Aug 24, 2005
    G'day,
    I've got the side console version with a 50hp Four stroke on the back, around the $15K mark for this package.

I've seen a tiller steer model 30hp two stroke for around $10k.

BTW, There's a poly boat being used by the dredgers in our river at the moment, a couple of months ago, the boat got wedged between the dredge and the loading wharf, the force of the squeeze made the boat gunnels fold in and touch each other, effectively folding the boat in half, when they pulled it out the hull simply sprang back into its original shape! These boats are super strong, I highly recommend them.

Cheers,

Craig

4. Ozzy

Ozzy New Member

Nov 30, 2005
    Marc mine cost me $10400 thats for boat trailer and 40 hp Yam 2 stroke with the electric and sounder and safety gear plus rego it owes me $12500

Marc Try Golden Seal they have the prices on the net www.goldenseal.com.au

Cheers
    Ozzy

5. User1

User1 Active Member

Aug 11, 2004
    Thanks guys, so price wise they are certainly comparable (if not cheaper) than your Quintrex Hornet's etc.

My only fear is that there isn't much deck room compared to the other (going by photos) ?

6. Ozzy

Ozzy New Member

Nov 30, 2005
    My cast deck is 1.6 x 1 metre and the floor is 1.5 x 1.5 plenty of room mate .

Cheers
    Ozzy

7. tex

tex New Member

Aug 24, 2005
    The front casting deck is plenty big enough, and can be easily extended if you desire, we often have two people on the front deck with ease, it only becomes a problem when your mate steps on the kota pedal at full speed when your not expecting it.
    Download the pdf from the polycraft website if you want to read about fitouts. ie deck extensions.
    Do the hornets still have a step in the front casting deck?

8. Ozzy

Ozzy New Member

Nov 30, 2005
    Marc if you are interested in the Poly boats then a visit to www.polyboatwoners.com.au might be an idea

And your always welcome to come for a ride in mine mind you it'll mean a trip to Mildura

Cheers
    Ozzy

9. TheBream

TheBream New Member

Aug 24, 2005
    wisly enoght quinny has sorted out alot od the trouble with many of the hornets with most modles now being a one step just like the 385 and they have done away with the crappy ply the hatches were made from now haveing alloy ones to stop the warping

no dout the polys are a strong boat only thing i dislike about them is the finish on them

mates 4.1 side console 50hp sussie on the back was 14gs includeing the leccy
    gees it is great to be mates with the poly dealer

10. chicky

chicky New Member

Jun 27, 2006
    Great fishing boat fella,s cheap too the only thing that beefed the price up on mine was the 40hp efi merc but i wanted plenty of power.I pulled the cenrtral floor section and the hatches and replaced them with hinged ply knocking 45kg off the weight.I then added 12 inches to the rear deck giving me a glove box and somewhere for the seat mount so i wasn,t so crampt to the motor.That gives two large decks to fish from. PLENTY OF ROOM...

11. User1

User1 Active Member

Aug 11, 2004
    Getting a Poly myself very soon chicky, I'd love to see some pictures of the internals of your rig and the mods you refer to mate. Whack them in the gallery or in a new thread if you can please mate :) Would be greatly appreciated.

12. Timber_Lake_Mike

Timber_Lake_Mike New Member

Jun 3, 2006
    G'day Marc,
    One of the boats at the Lake is a Polycraft Tuff Tender 3.0 Meter. Great little fishing boat for two. The Minn Kota propells it well around the extent of my lake, but a 10 or 15HP petrol motor would be needed in rivers etc.

I think you are looking for something a bit bigger than mine. Anyway, mine came from the Geelong Boating Centre. They are a dealer for Polycraft (as I think Golden Seal are) an fitted out my Polycraft with carpet, extended casting deck and floatation foam (to meet commercial survey requirements).

Regards
    Mike

13. Goodoo Dreaming

Goodoo Dreaming New Member

Apr 12, 2006
    This will work better. http://www.polyboatowners.com/

14. Goodoo Dreaming

Apr 12, 2006
    Well guys, your going to have to do some convincing here. I'm looking at buying another Hornet Trophy (a 445 this time) and was wondering which of the Polycrafts would you sway me to buy that will measure up to it.

15. User1

User1 Active Member

Aug 11, 2004
    The 4.1 Challenger is the best suited to our application Steady. I think for me its a couple of reasons over the Hornet.

1. I hate having what everyone is got. Hornet Commodore :p
    2. The whole package still comes in much cheaper than the above mentioned. Especially if you are handy and can do a fit out yourself.
    3. I've only heard great things about the strength and ability to withstand typical damage fishing close to snags. (as opposed to denting or tearing a tinny).

16. Goodoo Dreaming

Apr 12, 2006
    Too small, too slow, that model does not compare to the 445 HT and a V punt......NO WAY! My days of a wet arse on the lake are over. Sorry but dont get me started with V-nose punts they are so oldschool. LOL

Whats the max HP on that? And are they decked out as well as the HT's.

17. User1

User1 Active Member

Aug 11, 2004
    Not going to preach to a Commodore lover :p Your mind is already made up mate. Go with the Hornet.

18. Goodoo Dreaming

Apr 12, 2006
    Commadore HRT maybe you Hyundai Plasti Lover! LOL

19. chicky

chicky New Member

Jun 27, 2006
    plastic fantastic steady...ive had mine out in rough conditions chasing bream at the abt comps and also done a fair bit of rough work in a 475 trophy and your behind still gets a tad wet.The ride in the 4.1 is great and i use it like 4x4 running over every thing.you wouldnt follow me with old hat aluminium you might dent it or scratch it.over the 2years ive had mine i cant fault it and would not go back to tin .NEW AGE PLASTIC GET WITH THE TIMES.CHECK OUT SALEM SKI BOATS LAKE EPPALOCK MARINE FOR PRICES MARC.I will get a pic in as soon as i.can n

20. User1

User1 Active Member

Aug 11, 2004
    Hehe ... take that Steady :p