1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Recent fishing exploits

Discussion in 'Fishing General Chat' started by reelaxation, Feb 8, 2019.

1. reelaxation

reelaxation Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2016
    Havent been out in a while but in the last few weeks I managed to get out for a crack at the local beach and took one of my mates out in his boat;

21st Jan:
    Headed out Saturday night down Broken Bay ended up having g an awesome session ... 2 bream - kept 1 @ 40cm the other was around 30cm released, 2 lost sharks - 1 which was well over 2.5m had me running ragged up n down the beach before breaking my 80lb leader, the other I didn't even see it just popped my main line after a short run. Also baged a nice 45cm Taylor and release a couple of rays and a catfish. The big surprise was the yakka which took a yakka fillet intended for a bream. All fish bar the small bream taken on yakka and mullet strips. Sadly no 'ting.
    A few locals had a nice.mixedbbag of Bonnie's and trevs plus a good plate red from same stretch of sand just before sunset.
    Rain and strong southerly made it a bit uncomfortable but had the beach to myself from 8:30pm until I ran out of bait at 11:30pm.

3rd Feb:

Wen out with my good friend Larry on his bowrider on Brisbane Waters we were chasing flatties and any other tasty morsels we could find.
    Anyway we tried a location which has been very successful for me in the past and its just around the corner from the ramp...
    Larry was armed with one of my spare rods and fist cast he nails a very nice 60cm flattie- then a few casts later he starts on the pinkes... Much to my frustration I still had nothing to show for all my bait and effort in berleying up on my side of the boat.
    An hour or so pass and WTF he is onto another cracking flattie again- this one gave him some curry and repeatedly came to the boat then went straight down, peeling line off the screaming Shimano.
    We tried a few different spots after that but we didnt even get a bite
    Needless to say I returned home with Donuts but still have a fantiastic day out with a great mate.

Hopefully will get out again to the beach in the coming week and chase some 'Ting and Bream on silly gear

Sorry cannot upload piccies getting errors will try to upload in a separate post

Tight lines ya'all

Anthony

Master Baiter, kev209, diesel and 3 others like this.
  2. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Good effort Anthony. Regarding the pics, I think it was Kev who figured out you can insert pics by dragging and dropping them into place.
    Cheers
    Jim

kev209, diesel and creekboy like this.
  3. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    good report relaxation, going to chase marlin soon off central coast will let u know how we go.

kev209, diesel and creekboy like this.
  4. reelaxation

Aug 12, 2016
    Putty 40+ 1.jpg Putty 40+ 2.jpg Putty Yakka.jpg Brissy Waters Flatties.jpg Piccies attached

creekboy, blair, diesel and 2 others like this.
  5. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    solid "sandy" bream

6. reelaxation

Aug 12, 2016
    Thanks blair it was a solid fish- but not the biggest I have caught from that same location... Im hoping now the weather is cooling down they big mothers will be coming on in the next few weeks.

Will put up another report after I head out again

7. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    used to have great sport on the big hawksberry blue nosers whith lures off the oyster leases, also Pittwater around april on prawns.
    I presume the big bream u are expecting come out from the hawksberry to spawn.

creekboy, reelaxation and kev209 like this.