1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Show us your purchases!

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Rod Bender, Sep 5, 2016.

1. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    I may have some of those floats CC, can post them to u don't tell R.B though.

2. CornaCarpio

CornaCarpio Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2018
    You didn't happen to stumble across them in a large warehouse in Shepparton did you?

3. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    I think it was $540.00

kev209 and Rod Bender like this.
  4. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Don't remember where I got them CC

kev209 likes this.
  5. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    My Sustain 2500 has arrived! It sits in the local tackle store as my paycheck has not arrived! A quick play with the reel tells me the following...it is impressive! So is the Stradic FL and I have often read that the Sustain, for the extra money, is not worth it.

Checked out another local store for 3/4 inch floats...nothing!
    Cheers
    Team Bender
    The search continues in 3/4 inch float wars!

kev209 and diesel like this.
  6. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    I have some 3/4" floats ready to post I only want $200 each for them

jedgpz, kev209, CornaCarpio and 2 others like this.
  7. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    Meh!!!! Sh!t happens!
    Stradic.JPG
    Will most likely serve alongside, or should I say underneath my Samurai Infinite spin rod. The rod, rated at 6 - 12 lb, can handle Jackall TN's and other similar size lures i think. Will load this with 10 pound mono and it will become a yella slayer! I have ordered another spool for it as well and that will carry braid.
    cheers
    Team Bender
    Just gotta get the Sustain and I am set...let the slaughter begin!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  8. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
  9. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Bender I have one of those and a 5000 as well l just wish the stradic PG models were available here in OZ .

kev209 and Rod Bender like this.
  10. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    What do you think of the FK's?

I didn't know there was a PG! They look good! Mainly for salt water I guess? No doubt we could get one from overseas but I am not a fan of this in case something goes wrong with the reel.

Years ago I purchased an FI. Used it for a while then 'upgraded' to a Twinpower. That was a mistake. Whilst many people rave about the Twinpower, I wasn't a fan. Should have kept the FI.
    cheers
    Team Bender
    Always have, and always will make fishing tackle purchase mistakes!

kev209, Tackleberry and diesel like this.
  11. Tackleberry

Sep 30, 2016
    Yes you can get the PG models from Japan but I wanted it in the 5000 for snapper and because of that needed the carbon drag so I went bio master .
    Between my son and I we have 7 Stradic FI great reel and the FK absolutely love them very very smooth I just wish I had a couple of hundred dollars laying around to grab another one before they disappear .
    The 2500 FKI have I use lures soft plastics on the bream and flathead the Stradic FK 5000 is on a 9ft spin rod for the beach for salmon and this afternoon I hope to have a Shimano 10 1/2 foot to replace it and the bio master is on a 7 foot Rod 8 kilo for bottom bouncing and plastics fishing offshore for snapper great setup and with the 4.6 to 1 far better than 6.2 offshore , they're all got to higher gear ratios I can't work it out ......
    I also have a sustain 8000 of the same year as the FI I think they are a FE it's a very nice reel too , it's on a 12' PENN prevail .

diesel, kev209 and Rod Bender like this.
  12. ratherbefishin

ratherbefishin Active Member

Sep 9, 2019
    So as a non-Carp fishing heretic, I have a question born of ignorance......why do you go through so many floats? Are they designed to come off on the bite, or do they come off during the fight.....where do the floats go?

diesel and kev209 like this.
  13. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    Sooooooo...the Sustain which currently sits in the tackle store was to be my last fishing purchase...yeah...nah!!!! I forgot I ordered in some Megabass lures. They will actually be sitting on the shelf in there for a while then I will grab them. This will give the tackle store staff an idea if the lures are worthwhile selling and in the end they can just sell them to me. I told them not to order in too many. But when I saw them, I had to put a couple away! The Siglett is priced around $30 (pretty much the same as Motackle) and the Dark Sleeper (what a fkn stupid name!:cool:) is around $15. The Siglett is a smallish surface lure...trout or redfin in my area and it is popular for bass. The Dark Sleeper is a lure that will attract reddies, yellas and cod. The hook is 'hidden' away in the dorsal fin.
    Check out the video if you want...the Dark Snorer is around the 3 minute mark and Siglett is at the end. The wakebait at the start is impressive but i think it is around $140!

cheers
    Team Bender
    Where will it end!

blair, diesel and kev209 like this.
  14. jedgpz

jedgpz Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2019
    My latest Purchases. Got theses from Trelly's Tackle Spectacular on Friday night.
    Have not been for the past 4 years but with Rex Hunt being there I thought I would go along.
    The other advantage of the night for me was I got to speak with Rod Mckenzie (Cod Mac), Graham Sanders (codger Lures), Greg Ford (4D Spinnerbaits), The guy from Wilson Fishing (not sure of his name), Glen Casey (bassman Spinnerbaits) and Pip Clements (Trellys but the fly fishing for natives pro).
    I went with the view of making sure I asked question that would improve my fishing.

IMG_9819.JPG

Couple of Codgers in the best colours for the Goulburn River.
    Codger Tails for added spice
    RMG Crazy deep for the Reddie assult
    Zerek Fish trap Black for the Yellas
    Bassman Aussie Crawler for the Huge cod off the Surface
    6 inch Sps for flicking at the cod. I will take these to the bay to throw at some snapper too.
    Cheers Jed

15. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    That's a colourful mix you got there Jed. I'm yet to try the Zerek Fish Traps on the yellas and might have to give them a go when I get back home. Black is the go, hey?

Jeff

kev209 likes this.
  16. jedgpz

jedgpz Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2019
    Hey Jeff
    Yep colours mix. Have got an 80cm Cod on the blue and green codger. Purple and blue is the fav of the guy who makes them.

Black is my go to colour for yellas.
    In the stumpjumpers or helco the black with red heads have worked great for me.
    Cheers Jed.

DeeBeeKay, kev209 and diesel like this.
  17. Rod Bender

Aug 20, 2016
    And so the spending spree finally comes to an end!
    Sustain.JPG
    Cheers
    Team Bender
    Spent!

blair, DeeBeeKay, Tackleberry and 2 others like this.
  18. DeeBeeKay

DeeBeeKay Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    So, why didn't you talk to me:rolleyes: cheers davo

diesel and kev209 like this.
  19. Bluefin

Bluefin Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2016
    Im a huge fan of Sax scent, Prawn Juice ?? Interesting. A Company called Holt are distributing it, Its actually made for them. Their Prawns look interesting Too. Will keep you all informed !!
    upload_2019-11-22_21-5-34.png
    https://holtproductions.com.au/

blair, diesel and kev209 like this.
  20. Tackleberry

Sep 30, 2016
    Just picked this up it can belt the 60g outcast 120 yards ......
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

blair, diesel, DeeBeeKay and 3 others like this.