1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Show us your purchases!

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Rod Bender, Sep 5, 2016.

1. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    Looks like the situation is even worse than we thought. Cheers, Lyall.

kev209 and Rod Bender like this.
  2. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    I purchased this on impulse from BCF a couple weeks ago.
    book.JPG
    Unlike some other books I have purchased, this one I commenced reading immediately. It is not bad. Of course there is a lot of content that I already know...and content that has been helpful that has got me thinking. I don't agree with it all but then there will always be differences between individuals. But what can I say, Steve Starling likely won't agree with everything I say and I think it is obvious who is the better fisho!:(
    lures.JPG
    These lures I picked up from the local tackle store for $5 each!!!!!:) Do I need them...no! But at that price I couldn't resist. The Daiwa lures (2) were marked at $21. They swim well as I tried one a few weeks ago that I also got on special. The Yo-zuri was marked at $27!
    cheers
    Team Bender

3. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    20% off at BCF last night so I got some braid which will likely end up on my Daiwa TD Sol baitcaster.
    Braid.JPG
    Also got some larger circle hooks as well to try on the local natives.
    KL.JPG
    I have used smaller KL hooks on carp and they have worked well. One of the benefits of circle hooks is for when you practice catch and release. That is irrelevant when I fish for carp but I do find circle hooks useful as they hook in the corner of the mouth and it makes for easy unhooking and dispatching...then one can get the line back into the water and get another carp out!:cool: Now it is time to see how the larger ones go on cod.

AJ Fishman, diesel, DeeBeeKay and 2 others like this.
  4. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    Hi, Jim. Are you able to claim BCF as a dependant? Cheers, Lyall.

5. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    My main problem with circles is, I keep trying to hook the fish instead of letting it hook it's self. But I'm learning.

6. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Walked into the local bcf today to get a couple of gas bottles filled and the girl behind the counter just shook her head and said "sorry, we've run out". So, not being one to be stuffed around, I bought a new rod instead - Shimano Sahara Top End spin 6'8", 5-10kg.

That'll teach 'em to stuff me around by running out of gas - hmmf!!!

Team Diesel
    A force to be reckoned with.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018