1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Singles or Trebles

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by jedgpz, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2016
    I use singles on my metal slugs for when I am fishing for bait Taylor and salmon just because the hook seems to stay in better so I lose less but the main reason it just makes it so much easier to get the lure out and get back fishing ......

diesel and kev. like this.
  2. Robert Stone

Robert Stone Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2017
    I forgot to mention metal lures. I tried the 2 hooks for a change and they seem to work okay.

diesel and kev. like this.
  3. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    My experiance whith small trebles is that they dont hold very well i think they cut through the fishes lip easily so i think a single or double would work better.
    Whith jumping trout i reef them sideways and tip them over while they in the air to upset their jump and stop them headshaking and throwing lure, seems to work, i actually reefed a brown of about 1.5 kg onto the bank in beside of me when it took a minnow attack lure it followed in right to the edge of the lake, felt weird about a 1 second strike and fight.
    I think trebles are better for actually hooking the fish on the bigger lures dont know if singles stay in better, my small amount of experiance whith doubles and assists is that they work well.