1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

So howed you go over easter

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports' started by Tackleberry, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2016
    As above how did your fishing go over Easter.......

Cheers TAC

diesel, creekboy and kev209 like this.
  2. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    As per usual I make big plans and don't follow through...so I didn't go. I want to do a short trip (less than 1/2 hour away) chasing yabbies and carp this week. There is also a large comp this coming weekend to the south of me that I wouldn't mind checking out. Hopefully I will get out somewhere soon.
    Cheers
    Jim

3. Madfisher

Madfisher Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Myself, the wife, son and DIL camped on a private property , beautiful spot but the river was dirty and low. Mainly caused by gully rakers washing heaps of mud in.
    Son and myself removed 14 carp up to 9lb all caught on fly. Walked up a magnificent side creek, which was glorious, not really flowing either but still very pretty.
    Cheers Pete

4. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    No good, felt a bit under the wheather so didn't go out at night for a fish, heading up to the snowy tomorrow to have a go for a few days.

tight lines

Tackleberry, diesel, creekboy and 2 others like this.
  5. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2017
    I didn't fish having a couple of week off I will go and have a go a week Tuesday when all is back to normal my Grand children go back to school today off tomorrow not well planned. For school holidays it was a bit tame, but Easter there was a lot of action both on water and land with lots and lots of people having fun, but I am not sure how any of the Fisho's were going.

Tackleberry, diesel, creekboy and 2 others like this.
  6. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    Hi, blair. Good luck with the Snowy Cheers, Lyall.

kev209 and diesel like this.
  7. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Thanks mate, will post a report when I get back, have always have done well around Anzac day for trout (touch wood), never done well at easter.

creekboy, kev209 and diesel like this.
  8. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Thinking that I might be able to get the jump on all the tourists that converge on Qld each year, I visited my favourite redclaw patch not far from home, set 4 opera house traps baited with a mixture of dog biscuits, rock melon and half cooked spuds and didn't catch a bloody thing.

I think the severe drought that we had experienced over the past couple of years has wiped out the yabbies in my area as well as most of the fish. It might take some years for it to recover.

Jeff

creekboy, kev209 and Tackleberry like this.
  9. Tackleberry

Sep 30, 2016
    Well I was hoping that everyone had a better run than me ......
    I live on the Gippsland lakes so I don't fish over any rubberneck season as it's just bedlam around here .

Better luck over the coming months fishos.

10. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    It seems to be bedlam just about anywhere on the east coast these days Tac. I don't like crowds of people at any time and definitely not when I'm fishing.

Jeff

creekboy and kev209 like this.
  11. Tackleberry

Sep 30, 2016
    Hence is why I don't bother going offshore until about 16:00 it just means I have to cross the bar at night on my return but it is how I prefer it ....