1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Swamp Donkey Rebuild

Discussion in 'Boats' started by Tombowler76, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Rayc

Rayc New Member

Mar 14, 2007
    good luck with the camera mate...better check it to see the incriminating pics :)

2. chrisso

chrisso New Member

May 6, 2008
    so the disco wasnt ready for ya EOS stip mate? might give the yellas a scare with all that bass come spring ;):lol::lol:

3. bognoel

bognoel New Member

Mar 2, 2009
    hey jules wheres the final installment?

4. Rayc

Rayc New Member

Mar 14, 2007
    yeah, had enough time to find the camera, where are the pics Jules:)

5. RoryBenn-Clibborn

RoryBenn-Clibborn New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Wow jules,

shes coming along great!!

Would love to work on my boat but wouldnt know where to start. Keep the photos coming im excited to see the finished product!!

6. bognoel

bognoel New Member

Mar 2, 2009
    hows it going now jules?
    if you need a lend of a camera just let me know

7. Tombowler76

Tombowler76 EEEE OOORRR!

Jan 11, 2007
    Hi sportsfans, back again finally found the #$%%% camera and got some pics taken.

firstly heres both decks with a view of the back of the folding bench seat which acts as the extension to the rear casting deck.
    [​IMG]

heres the nearly finished console, just waiting to get off my behind and install the waterproof case for the CD player, all the switches are used. there is bilge pump, livewell pump, cabin lights, nav lights, cd player & subby switches. all fused.
    [​IMG]

front deck extension, note the crappy hinges are temporary until i get some nice shiny ones from whitworths :)
    [​IMG]

storage under front deck extension, subby is under the right, marine speakers either side in the front. i can fit two tackle bags and other boaty crap in here.
    [​IMG]

back bech seat the bottom is loose so it comes up for more waterproof storage underneath, usually put clothes under here.
    [​IMG]

more back seat & throttle box.
    [​IMG]

more back seat, after a little misshap and a gr8 idea from Roundy, ive installed rubber door stops on the gunnells behind the back rest to support it & take away the need for the chains. unfortunately design one with the chains didnt really work too well.
    [​IMG]

and finally the donkey jockey ridin the donkey :lol:

[​IMG]

by the way the seat is really bloody comfy... hard not to fall asleep when trolling along a peaceful river!

Oh and due to running out of carpet you may have noticed the original front hatch with the hole is still there... again once i get to whitworths for more carpet ill finish it off.

cheers
    Jules

8. chrisso

chrisso New Member

May 6, 2008
    looks great mate, nice job, will be bloody comfy come winter ;) should have made heated seats though:wideyed:

9. Ozzy

Ozzy New Member

Nov 30, 2005
    Looks fantastic mate is that some kind of new seatbelt to stop you falling over when asleep on that comfy seat , last pic lol.

All you need now for those cold winter trolling times is one of these , they run on those butane canisters

Cheers
    Ozzy

[​IMG]

10. Rayc

Rayc New Member

Mar 14, 2007
    too right comfy is the key word here, nice job jules, those hd foam seats keep yr butt warm, only fault is you have to lean forward to reach into the esky, but hey...when yr out on the water its one great tub.