1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

SWAN V DOG

Discussion in 'Fishing General Chat' started by kev., Mar 18, 2021.

1. kev.

kev. Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2020
    What a great day, no wind, so I headed to the local Lake to drown a few worms, as usual another big Donut. Anyway who wants to fish when you can watch a Black Swan attack a dog. People walking there dog decided to let it off leach about 40 feet from where I was fishing I didn't say anything, I think they thought it was a big joke until this black swan that looked pi$$ed off headed towards the dog flapping its wings and started to attack it. The people with the dog started yelling and trying to hit the swan with the dog lead, the more they carried on the more the swan hunted the dog. Finally the dog exited the water. I have never seen an angry swan before. Later I was told the swans had a nest close by.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
    Madfisher and Tackleberry like this.
  2. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Bit late for a nest around here but yes I have seen this on many occasions here in Paynesville .
    thing I love about spring the most is what we call here midnight mushrooms we get a swan egg and make an omelette I'll guarantee you you cannot eat it all on your own we have been doing this for a 100 years and now they tell us we cant no more .
    So I say black or white **** you it is my culture ..... dont like it piss off and stay in the city and keep picking on fisherman around Port Albert Lake like they do so well.
    And leave us alone in the country where we have been doing things fine for a very long time.
    ever since you took our right away look what's happened with the giant black Cormorant and other things.
    the whole Gippsland Lakes are screwed up because of your interference from the city.

kev. likes this.
  3. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2017
    Kev, never mind no fish you are lucky to see a Black swan all ruffled up and aggressive chasing a dog, I am not sure what the outcome would be on the shore. They actually nested from now until September at Lake Nillhacootie there used to be a few groups of them and the lake was full of Ducks and other water birds. Now I only ever see is three Pelicans if I fish at the wall and Magpies.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
    kev. likes this.
  4. MSB

MSB Active Member

Jan 8, 2018
    Driving home from my Sisters place on Wednesday of this week along the Brisbane Port Rd and seen 2 black swans walking along the side of the road and in between them was a a little grey cygnet, they appeared to be protecting it from the traffic on the road which can be very busy, you don't realise how big they are until you see them up close

kev. likes this.