1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

TBX NEEDS HELP

Discussion in 'Fishing General Chat' started by kev209, Jun 14, 2018.

1. DeeBeeKay

DeeBeeKay Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Hey mate, I'm in Nth central Vic, along with a couple of other members, cheers davo

kev209, creekboy and AJ Fishman like this.
  2. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    no not me either.

3. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    hi D.B.K , we should all meet up near at a good trout fishing lake , eucenbene my favourite , hopefully we can escape work at a new moon period.
    cheers blair

DeeBeeKay, kev209, Rod Bender and 3 others like this.
  4. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    It will be difficult Blair to find a location which will suit everyone. The best thing to do as far as I am concerned (and of course this is just my thoughts)...when you are planning a trip yourself, let other members know a couple weeks in advance. This way you may get some company!

I think Eucembene would also be an excellent choice to start with. Just don't be disappointed if you do not get a good response from here...but, if you are going anyway, then you have got nothing to lose!
    cheers
    Jim

5. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    hi Jim, totally agree, I also do a wheather check a week or less before going for a fish. I find the planning results in a good trip not like when I was a lot younger and went when I felt like it or had the time still had some good trips though.
    tight lines

Old fisho, Rod Bender, kev209 and 3 others like this.
  6. DeeBeeKay

DeeBeeKay Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Eucembene would be a great trip, around 6 hrs from home, but not in this weather, the bones wouldn't take too kindly to it, ;) cheers davo

7. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    I have pondered this. That statement alone is probably enough to make most of you tremble. For quite a while I have been little short of bloody useless. Boat sits in the yard and cries itself to sleep each night because of loneliness. I go to the garage and two or three dozen rods glare at me. It makes me feel bad. Added to that there had been so little said on TBX that I had almost stopped checking it out. After quite a time lapse I had a look yesterday. It was great to see several new posts and so many familiar names there.

There was only one conclusion: TBX is no more dead than it ever was and I blame circumstance for 110% of anything that has slowed it up recently. Some time ago TBX almost folded due to the idiocy of some then members and it happens with most communities. That is certainly not the case here now. Several of us struggle with issues. Seasons are closed for some aspects of fishing and the weather (perhaps that affects some of us older blokes more than young ones) is not conducive to being out where we may prefer to be.

I speak for me alone here. Over the years I have only met one member but I feel there is a close knit group of people out there I could call a friend and know that if it was possible; they would be there to help others if needed. Does it matter how many members there are? Looking at the home page it tells me there are 4K+. That's a real furphy. It only indicates how many have visited and moved on. Do we need all those people? I suggest no. What we do need are those we have who accept others as what they are. It matters not how many fish they catch. Looking at a couple of examples; were it not for distance, I'm fairly certain that I would have fished with many of you during the years I have been involved with TBX. After my stint with a bunch of rednecks in another forum; to which I'd never return; this little forum is a delight to be involved with. Personally I respect every member on this forum and that's said without even 'knowing' them. I am pleased to have their acquaintance.

How TBX goes in the future does concern me. It won't get smaller and I tend to doubt it will grow much bigger. There is much opposition out there for forums like ours to beat. My major ambition and concern is that it must keep going.

I believe it will. Old fisho Noel.

creekboy, kev209 and Rod Bender like this.
  8. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    I could think of nothing better but am unable to make any commitments for a while. Unsure when I will be able to drive. Noel.

creekboy and kev209 like this.
  9. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    Quality is better than quantity. Maybe I should have worded the title differently, but I believe we needed a jump start. O.M.O

creekboy and Old fisho like this.
  10. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    We have a large base and boat there. For a boy's weekend we could handle most blokes if they had swags and things and could sleep on the floor. We are charged a small fee (I'm sure about $6 per night) for extra bodies which would be passed on of course and shares could be taken for food etc. BYOG. None of this has been discussed here but it's a thought to keep in mind. Also it's nothing short of ice cold there for a while yet. Good clothing is essential and the fishing can be tough too. Consider if for later in the year perhaps. Noel

creekboy and kev209 like this.
  11. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    We may just have to wait a bit longer and perhaps consider a car pool from Victoria for the trip? Food for thought. Cheers, Lyall.

12. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    hi all, my main obstacle to going for a planned fish is my work (probably the case for most of us) usually 6 days a week but sometimes I get a break so go when I get the chance. the mob I work for at present seem to actually care and I can apply for leave even though I am a casuall. I am keen to see TBX keep going as it is the closest thing to actually having a fish and standing around a campfire having a few whith other fishos I can get and has been enjoyable . I am sure some of us will meet out there for fish at a good spot sooner or later. eucenbene is my favourite .
    cheers blair

creekboy, Old fisho and kev209 like this.