1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

That $80,000 Cod

Discussion in 'Fishing General Chat' started by kev209, May 11, 2019.

1. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    Clint Alvey of Albury collected $80,000 for taking out the Go Fish Nagambie Tournament with this 109.96 cm monster Cod

Screenshot (41).png

2. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    Congratulations, Clint. Cheers, creekboy.

kev209 likes this.
  3. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Wow ....... skills pay off

Old fisho, creekboy and kev209 like this.
  4. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    There's a vast difference between skill and luck. Luck cannot be relied on; fishing skill can.

kev209 and creekboy like this.
  5. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    I traveled to Nagambie on the Friday to have a look at the displays. I had no money so that was probably a good thing! The were a few stands which featured small lure makers....these were interesting and if I had money, I would have blown it here! I am starting to develop a liking for timber lures.

Talking to some people and from what I heard from reliable sources, the price to have a stand there was expensive, to the point that it put some off from attending. I can't see the why the organisers have inflated prices that do nothing more than limit the number of exhibits.

Also, from reliable sources, the comp app was a failure. Entrants found it hard, if not impossible to log into the app. This would be rather annoying if you have a fish that you were wanting to enter. What made it worse is the organisers denied that there were any issues with the app.

I went along to see how many people were around and to get an idea if I would enter next year. You can find a spot from the bank to fish but where I would go may be more a redfin spot...than a cod spot. I will consider entering next year with the hope that they realise there were app problems and try and resolve it.
    Cheers
    Team Bender

creekboy, Master Baiter and kev209 like this.
  6. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2017
    Bet he knew what that was and would be from the bite hit,

Old fisho and kev209 like this.
  7. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Word is the comp may be brought forward to the long weekend in March. Feedback from competitors has been considered by the organisers. The March date should ensure warmer weather as well as longer daylight hours.
    Cheers
    Team Bender
    All over it!

creekboy, kev209 and Old fisho like this.
  8. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Whish I went, I had registered and decided it may be too crowded and other commitments. Just have to have a good days fishing and u can win.

Rod Bender and kev209 like this.