1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

The big O

Discussion in 'Fishing General Chat' started by kev., Mar 1, 2021.

1. kev.

kev. Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2020
    Our Son took me fishing yesterday, we started at Pykes and finished up at Newlands, not a bloody touch.

diesel, Tackleberry and Madfisher like this.
  2. dmck

dmck New Member

Jun 26, 2020
    Lucky you!!
    whenever my son takes me fishing I get 'touched' for the fuel, bait, lunch, drinks, ramp fee and whatever gear he loses!!

MSB, Madfisher, diesel and 2 others like this.
  3. kev.

kev. Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2020
    I have to near enough put money in his pocket. He's taking me again on Monday where heading to Stoney Creek Reservoir.

Madfisher, diesel and Tackleberry like this.
  4. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Coming up to snapper season here I cant wait .
    This bloody la nina weather pattern is making things hard though .

diesel and kev. like this.
  5. dmck

dmck New Member

Jun 26, 2020
    Living in SA, we can only dream of a snapper season....
    and the damned winds have made fishing opportunities few and far between unless you live alongside a ramp!!

kev., Tackleberry and diesel like this.
  6. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2017
    Kev try maggot's, I find using them as ground bait and on a smallish hook. With the maggot or maggot's depending on size hook slightly pierced through the fat end to keep them alive longer. they are a great bait anytime of the year and there is probably not a fresh water fish that wont take them.
    I have not fished for week's but only the other day I placed an Ox heart in a bucket put it in the chook house within a couple of hour's it was covered in flyblow. Yesterday was about 4 days and they were about 3/4 of an inch as there was a bit of meat left I will leave them a bit longer and they will be about an inch.
    Wally

kev., Tackleberry and diesel like this.
  7. kev.

kev. Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2020
    When Coarse fishing was a big thing here Terry Shepard, caught Snapper on maggots. I'm having a few problems at present so our caravan is up for sale. I hope it won't affect my fishing to much.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
  8. MSB

MSB Active Member

Jan 8, 2018
    Speaking of Ox heart or Bullocks heart, my old Dad used to use Bullocks heart for his snapper fishing, he would cut it up into 4 inch by 1 inch wide strips, soak it in tuna oil and then roll it in pollard, geez he caught some stonker snapper with it, thanks for the memories
    MSB

Dickson, Master Baiter and kev. like this.