1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

The Yella's have started at Eildon

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fishing' started by Hewie, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Hewie

Hewie New Member

Aug 23, 2005
    Hi All,

The boss and I decided to head to the Delatite Arm of Lake Eildon yesterday and troll for some Yella's. There were quite a few fisho's & boats around where we normally see very few.

Not a hugely successful day, fish wise, but we did end up with one Yella, our first for this season. But, the weather on the water was just 'magic'.

We decided to head out there again today and when we got there, we couldn't believe how many boats were out there. I think half the fishing clubs from Melbourne were there, we estimate 50 - 60 boats at least. We cannot remember ever seeing this many boats fishing the Delatite before.

We reckon if most of these fisho's spent more time actually fishing than 'zooming' back and forward and all around the lake they would have caught a lot more fish than they seem to have. And the waste of petrol, just crazy with prices the way they are. I think they've all been watching tooo many Bream or American Bass fishing Competition DVD's!!! :p :p

We spent more than 15 hours on the water over the 2 days and used less than 20lt of fuel.

2. ozdevil

ozdevil New Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sounds like you had a magical time out on the water in what seemed to be crowded..

good report Hewie

cheers
    OZ

3. Sparkesy1

Sparkesy1 New Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Hewie,
    It wasn't just Eildon - Werribee was chaotic both Sat and Sun - especially Sunday - seems that most of Vic decided that it was fishing time.

John

4. awhite_au

awhite_au New Member

Aug 23, 2005
    Quick question, what sort of lures did you use for the yella's and what was the condition of the water like?

5. Hewie

Hewie New Member

Aug 23, 2005
    The water was "almost" perfect, just a little cloudy and with a small surface ripple and between 19 & 21deg surface temp.

Best producing Yella lure for us is 'always' the size 2 Stumpjumper!! But - Saturdays catch was with a "Taylor Made 6.5cm Predator Prawn". This lure is fast becoming a new 'favourite' .... it has now caught us BIG Trout, a BIG Redfin and a SMALL Yella.

Hewie.

G'day John,

I'm glad it wasn't just us that was inundated by terrorists - oops tourists!!
    :p :grin: