1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Things are starting to warm up.

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fishing' started by Madfisher, Sep 10, 2019.

1. jedgpz

jedgpz Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2019
    Not too sure, have heard it is expensive. I think there is a rod fee and as you said a lake river or pond fee for Fresh water.
    Salt water is free I think.

creekboy, kev209 and Old fisho like this.
  2. Chili

Chili Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2019
    Yep, we are talking UK yes? Never asked the guys I know for all the info but do know the guys I know pay to fish. Most waters are on private property or pay to fish lakes etc. Same as for metal detecting, I do that too. Same deal there, need permission or permits for everywhere. Nothing like us with get a licence and fish or detect. Here, the land of the free! Dont think I could stand to fish and detect there.

3. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    I just wish there was a trout or two closer to here. I miss them and their challenges.
    Noel
    Thought he was clever but forgot to resize the pics he put up.
    Memory is still back about twenty years I think.
    Might have to do again.

creekboy, kev209 and Madfisher like this.
  4. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    I have heard there are sea run trout at twofold bay eden, they would be good to eat I think. don't know how or where to catch them.

5. Madfisher

Madfisher Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Thompsons creek dam near Mt Lambie is the only reliable trout water left near where I live in Bathurst, but to keep out litters its a 1k walk to the base of the dam, then a steep walk up to the top of the dam, then another 2 or 3 ks to any decent water, they can stay there.
    Cheers Pete

creekboy, kev209 and Rod Bender like this.
  6. Chili

Chili Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2019
    I saw a video recently of some guys catching some, dont know where it was, but they were just within what looked like estuary section of some river. My guess, just a guess too as I've never chased them like that, would be find a river, Creek, that is known to hold fish right down to its lower sections. Rivers and creeks like that exist and are known for sea trout along the Great Ocean road here in Vic. I think I once read an article on it in Freshwater Fishing mag several yrs ago.
    I had a fish yesterday. Saw a nice trout, maybe 5lb, rise and take a bug just ten or so feet out right in front of me. No luck but was a beautiful little res, good water, lots of wildlife there so was still a good day out.

creekboy, Madfisher and kev209 like this.
  7. Chili

Chili Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2019
    They have limited the access like that recently to a res I went to last week. Not as bad as that, just a 500 mtr walk to the water through a bush track. Used to be able to drive right up to it. Dirty litterers ruined it. Per usual.

8. Madfisher

Aug 14, 2016
    Spot on mate, i am all ways picking up there rubbish.

creekboy, Chili and kev209 like this.
  9. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    While we were up Bumbo Creek Friday we saw quite a few beer cans lying on the bottom.
    Aught to ban them for life if we could catch them.
    Noel

10. Madfisher

Aug 14, 2016
    I ducked back out to my little dam yesterday. after walking half a k i finally spotted one, but the cutting grass stalks where hanging over it and i could not get the fly in the water. Went around further and it had disappeared. Next two carp both spooked when i raised the rod to cast. My old mate Bob spend Friday out there and never touched a scale. Its interesting why they are so difficult in this dam.
    Cheers Pete

creekboy and kev209 like this.
  11. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    I don't mind a few cool beer cans lying on the bottom , don't mind a cool beer at the end of a hot day out in the bush:) maybe fisheries put them there to keep the fishermen happy:)

12. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    Blair, sorry but I think they mean empty ones.

13. Madfisher

Aug 14, 2016
    I picked up half a doz cans yesterday at Wyangala, surprisingly(or maybe not) they where all the 10c ones to. Lazy grubs.
    Tight lines guys

14. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Damm empty cans, I was about to throw my camping and fishing gear in and head to that creek

creekboy, Old fisho and kev209 like this.
  15. Madfisher

Aug 14, 2016
    LOL, Blair.