1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

This is the plan

Discussion in 'Fishing General Chat' started by diesel, Sep 14, 2020.

1. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Seeing as how a lot of the disease ridden southern riff-raff who invaded FNQ during the winter months are starting to get a bit jittery about the increase in temps and humidity up here and have pointed their vehicles towards the south pole again, it's time I headed back to some of my fishing hotspots.

We head off next weekend for 10 weeks or until the wet forces us back home, first stop is a place called Bivouac Junction on the Burdekin River between Charters Towers and Townsville to give the sooty grunter a hurry up and then it's hit the coastal favourite spots all the way up to Cooktown for jacks and barra.

It's been a mongrel of a year with all the sh!t that's been happening to prevent travelling, but I gotta say that up here we are in a far better situation than all you poor buggers down south. I will be thinking of you (or maybe not) whilst enjoying my fishing. :rolleyes:

Jeff

2. Madfisher

Madfisher Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Good luck mate. Country NSW is in a pretty good situation now, no cases for months. Our premier has except for one exception done a great job, and has earnt my respect, not that i could say that for her dick head deputy Barrel o.
    Temps down here now are just perfect , cool mornings and lovely days in the low to mid 20s.
    Pete

3. reelaxation

reelaxation Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2016
    Good luck on your adventure Jeff, I wish I could go tripping and chasing the plethora of fish you have up there- but I must satisfy with Bass, Bream and EP's until I can get back to the beach sometime next month hopefully.
    I just bought some more Bass lollies today - some Zman Grubz in motoroil, and a Zman Chatterbait which I will use on a stocked dam not far from my house they have Murray Cod, Silver Perch, Yella's and Bass so I reckon this could be a winner. Also picked up a Berkley bent minnow/surface walker for the Bass all from Anaconda, they have a better selection than BCF nowadays and the bloke I was talking to seemed to know his stuff. Always good to get great service from a big retail chain and get some honest advice on what works in different areas.
    Sadly yesterday I injured myself @ work this time a hip issue - so fishing for me will be out until I can get to the physio and sort out what my work is going to do, ATM I am waiting on workers comp to come through but this is the 2nd injury this year so its a waiting game to see how work will deal with it- I just hope they dont lay me off as I like the work and the workers I just had **** luck with this 2nd injury.
    if all goes to plan I should be back @ work and also fishing in 2 weeks time, so I can only go for retail therapy until I am notified of what is happening...

Tackleberry, kev. and diesel like this.
  4. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Thanks Pete & Anthony.

Mate, I didn't think they could lay you off if you were on workers comp.

Jeff

Tackleberry and kev. like this.
  5. kev.

kev. Active Member

Aug 9, 2020
    Have a great and safe trip Jeff

Master Baiter, Madfisher and diesel like this.
  6. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Thanks Kev, I haven't done much fishing this year due to other commitments, so I'm as keen as mustard at the moment to get going.

Jeff

Madfisher, Tackleberry and kev. like this.
  7. kev.

kev. Active Member

Aug 9, 2020
    While still in the work force I was sacked while on workers comp (work cover now) Going by my solicitor and the transport workers union as long as my employer payed me all my entitlements and did not stop my claim which they did. My claim was reinstated within a couple of hours after my solicitor informed my employer that he could be fined up to $30.000

diesel and Tackleberry like this.
  8. reelaxation

reelaxation Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2016
    I know that legally they cannot get rid of me, but a text from my manager yesterday mentioned "jobseeker" in amongst the words like "rehab" so I asked them what that meant but nobody could explain it to me, they just said to wait for the national workers comp manager to get in touch and he would explain everything.

diesel, Tackleberry and kev. like this.
  9. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2017
    Jeff make it a great trip it sounds really wonderful. Last year about this time when I put Suffix Advanced Mono on my reels you said to let you know how it goes. well I am wrapped in it I caught a Carp on the 6lb line the day before yesterday 680mm long. The line has been the same that I have used all summer and the only line that has been cut off is at the end for the changing of hooks about 5cm at a time.I have no intentions of changing it for awhile yet and would highly recommend Suffix Advanced. One thing I noticed on the 6lb but not on the 8 or 12lbs line is when you catch big fish the line twists a bit and fold's back on it's self, but I guess a swivel would fix it but it is only on the end and not a problem.
    Cheers Wally

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  10. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Thanks Wally and also thanks for the feedback on the Suffix Advanced. BCF used to sell Suffix, but it looks like they've dropped the brand from their product lines.
    I'll be calling in to Tackle World at Townsville on the way up the coast and might be able to grab some there.

Jeff

11. Robert Stone

Robert Stone Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2017
    Have a great trip. Send me back a Barra. I will send you the stamp.

12. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Thanks Robert and would you settle for a mud lizard if Australia Post have some sort of weird regulation about carrying seafood.

Jeff

Tackleberry and kev. like this.