1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Tiemco Cicada Jumbo...

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Rod Bender, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    ...how sturdy are they? They have arrived in a local tackle store but looking at them, I wonder how the plastic wings stand up to pressure. If I purchase one, it will be used in a system where the cod are smaller. I just want something different to everything else that is being thrown at the local cod. I can upgrade the trebles if needed but that is pointless if the rest of the lure won't stand up. I guess the cicadas are used more for bass?
    cheers
    Jim

2. Bluefin

Bluefin Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2016
    The local guide here uses them in the smaller size for bream and bass, under trees full of cicadas. So they work well. Scale your gear down ? Howard .

creekboy, Rod Bender and diesel like this.
  3. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    When I first saw the title of this thread, Jim, I thought it had something to do with a Latin American erotic dance style and I must admit I did get a bit excited.

So, forgetting about my fetish for erotic dancing, they do look like a ridgy didge cicada and I reckon they would work on yellas also. I've watched a few you-tube vids by blokes using various top-water lures on yellas and they do okay in the right locations. I do like the green/yellow lure - gotta have one even if I never use it.

Jeff

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  4. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Yes...will be using spin rods or light baitcast outfits.
    cheers
    Jim

Bluefin and creekboy like this.