1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

TO MY MEMBER FRIENDS

Discussion in 'Chewing the fat' started by Old fisho, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    G'day guys,
    We have just returned from Canberra. I had an appointment with my cardiac guru Monday lunch time and the usual ultrasounds and ECGs of course. Have had dozens of them both. Planning to return immediately after, I was told we had to stay for another appointment at 6.00pm last night.
    There I learned the news was not what we hoped for.
    When I saw Rajeev a few months ago, he was most pleased. The lower left ventricle of my heart was somehow totally disconnected last year and no longer functions. The rest of it was working at 90% which he called 100% of the potential available.
    On Monday it was only at 30% and he is most concerned.
    I have to go back again next week to be fitted with a special monitor that transmits direct to him if anything changes. The following week it's back again for a review of the monitor's data collection and perhaps some serious decision making.
    If it's still too low we could be looking at 5-6 hours of surgery, done by Rajeev himself. He is one of only about half a dozen in the world who can do that operation. We knew he was good but that's an outstanding reputation. There are of course some serious risks involved too and am not sure if I want to go down that road. He says I/we have to decide without him. He will never encourage or talk anyone into having it as there are some serious risks involved.
    My writing group have a public performance of short stories over the next few weeks. While involved, I don't know if I will make it.
    May not be much fishing done for a while, even less if this operation goes ahead.
    Will keep you posted.

Noel
    His heart is ruling his head now.

DeeBeeKay, Madfisher, Dickson and 2 others like this.
  2. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    Sorry to hear things aren't going to crash hot old mate. You've been down before, and you always manage to get back on top of things. You will be back fishing soon.

My Cardiologist is happy as things have been stable for over a year. I still can't walk short distances without running out of breath, none of that crap has changed. Little problems keep popping up, my GP says it's wear and tear for my age. I've tried to find my warranty, I think I had a lifetime guarantee. Sh!# I just thought that's not going to help me

3. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    There's nothing good in this getting old stuff. By the time you gain the experience, you're too worn out to use it.
    We have to just hang in there and hope.
    N.

4. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    Thinking of you both and hope results are good news . I have a CT bone density scan next Monday followed by a Gastroscopy on Tuesday, not looking forward to the latter. Cheers, Lyall.

ratherbefishin and kev209 like this.
  5. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    They're not bad Lyall. You won't know anything about it.
    Noel

creekboy and kev209 like this.
  6. Dickson

Dickson Active Member

Jul 13, 2019
    I wish you all the best Noel it sounds like you are the best of hands mate

7. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    This is all that needs to be said!

8. Hen and Chook

Hen and Chook Active Member

Sep 9, 2009
    So sorry to hear this Noel, I hope all goes well Mate.

Chook

9. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    Thanks Chook. Where you been? Haven't heard from you for a while.
    You've been around a long time.
    Noel

Hen and Chook, creekboy and kev209 like this.
  10. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Surprised to hear the tickers not at full power sounds like you had been going well, hope it all gets back to full power again soon.
    Blair

11. Madfisher

Madfisher Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Best wishes old mate, on what ever choice you make.
    Cheers Pete

creekboy, Old fisho and kev209 like this.
  12. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2017
    So sorry to see your post on your health. Keep being strong Noel you are a great TBF member that we all love. wishing you a quick and speedy recovery hope you get well soon and al lthe best to you.
    Of course keep us all posted.
    Wally

13. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    My humble thanks to you all.
    When you need a friend they are there.

Noel

Dickson, kev209 and creekboy like this.
  14. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    I still refer to TBX as a Family, not a forum

15. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    X2. Like Kev said, WE ARE A FAMILY. Cheers, Lyall. PS, We all wish you well with any procedure you may require.

Old fisho and kev209 like this.
  16. Hen and Chook

Hen and Chook Active Member

Sep 9, 2009
    It has been a while Noel, work and life have been getting in the way of my fishing opportunities however now that we're in spring and summer fast approaching I'll hopefully get a bit more time to wet a line, and yes last month marked my 10th year anniversary being a member of the Tacklebox family.

Chook

17. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    Fantastic to have you back among us.
    I know I speak for all of us.

Noel

18. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    Thanks for the most fabulous response Wally. As I've said, the guys have made me feel most humble.
    But they say humility is good for the soul.
    Off to Canberra tomorrow to have a portable monitor fitted. I understand it's like an ECG that operates continually for a couple of days. Next week it's back again after they sort the the data collected. After that, a visit to Canberra will tell us the results of that data. We have an open mind about it all and you can't cross a bridge or a road until you get to it.
    Hoping to go for a fish with Bill again soon. Will see what happens. Been a bit rubbery the last week or two but don't know how to lie down and accept it.
    Noel
    Can give in but can't give up.

19. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    My utes got an EGR Noel and it goes well so I reckon an ECG will be just the ticket for you:)

creekboy likes this.
  20. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    I can't wait Blair

creekboy likes this.