1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Vacuum sealed chinken bait

Discussion in 'Fishing General Chat' started by chris a, Nov 13, 2020.

1. chris a

chris a New Member

Nov 2, 2020
    Have you guys try it Thanks

Chris

2. reelaxation

reelaxation Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2016
    There would be little or no difference to fresh chicken mate except it will last longer in the fridge or freezer. However, vacuum sealed doesnt make the bait any tougher or make it any more appealing to fish IMHO... When I buy chicken I buy packs of 6 thigh fillets and break them down into 3 zip lock bags, then I take 2 each session with me and I can freeze the other bags for later sessions- I do this because I also use mullet/taylor/yakka and slimeys for bait so I will have 1 rod with fish and the other with the chicken strips. Make sure you cut the bait about the width of your pinkie finger and use a long shank hook in size 2/4/6 or a baitholder in size 2/1 or 1/0 at the biggest for estuary fish like bream/flatties/trevally.

To be completely honest vacuum sealing bait will only help it to last longer in either freezer or fridge and nothing else- but if you fish regularly just plain freezing the bait saves a whole heap of effort in vac sealing it. Most fish/meat will keep for 6-12weeks in the freezer and 1week in the fridge on its own, before it starts to get a bit smelly without the vacuum sealing- but if you buy bulk and want to keeo enough for several months then the vac sealing technique will keep it fresh for up to 3 months, but nothing is fool proof and again in my opinion you are better off buying what you need for a few sessions at a time rather than trying fancy sealing methods that wont give you any advantage whenit comes to the fishes appetite... If the fish are hungry (esp scavengers like Bream and Flatties) you could throw a lolly at them and they will eat it.

Good luck mate

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
  3. chris a

chris a New Member

Nov 2, 2020
    THANK YOU for your time FRIEND Old saying you can't catch if they are not there