1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Vic fishing season opening!

Discussion in 'Fishing General Chat' started by Rod Bender, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Yep...not cod or trout opening, but whenever the ban on fishing in Vic is lifted when we get to 'the other side' of the virus issue, imagine what hype it (being able to fish again) will create!

I know a lot of people will still go fishing but the angling pressure will surely decrease and fish stocks will improve. Downside is tackle and other related stores will suffer.

I would not be surprised if fishing remains banned until August or September. A good time for me to start a fitness program in preparation for the 2020 carp olympics!

Jokes aside, whilst the majority of people have far greater problems than when we can fish next, if one is still interested in fishing at some point, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. And I think we all know how important fishing can be to take your mind of other things.
    Cheers
    Team Bender
    Already considering where to fish on open day!

2. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    I will sneak out for a fish if I have to , keeping the sociale distancing going, used to fish in areas not open to fishing growing up: googong, scrivener dam, warragamba dam. cotter dam. Have disposable gloves in ute if I need to get fuel. One thing that will be impossible to stop will be young couples meeting up somewhere from time to time.:eek: