1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

were sun glasses when fishing

Discussion in 'Fishing General Chat' started by arry t, Apr 20, 2007.

1. arry t

arry t New Member

Mar 23, 2007
    Wouldnt like to be this bloke

2. discoinferno

discoinferno New Member

Mar 14, 2007
    seen that. read a whole story attached to it. pretty nasty.
    Q: what type of lure is that? ha ha

3. wombat1100

wombat1100 New Member

Jun 25, 2006
    OUCH
    I have seen people with hooks in the hand and the back of the head but in the eye???????? must have been snagged or something.

4. gone_fishing

gone_fishing New Member

Nov 4, 2006
    you cant even goto any work site in any industry with out saftey glassess these days on your nogging
    definatly a good idea to wear sunnies whilest fishing get yourself a descent pair of polarized glasses youll never look back
    cause really thats gotta hurt
    all the best

5. Adam Bosley

Adam Bosley New Member

Dec 4, 2006
    I got that pic but didn't want to post it on this site, might put people off lure fishing. At least he kept his eye on it! LOL

6. Craig_B_

Craig_B_ Member

Mar 19, 2006
    Not pretty, and you only get one set of eyes!
    I have seen this pic before but it still freaks me out every time i see it!

I have seen a few close calls over the years from people trying to pull back snagged lures and bait. I guess its one of those 1 in a million chances but as i said, you only get one set of eyes.

Recently I got myself a pair of Fuglies sunglasses and they seem to be great.
    I haven't worn sun glasses for years whether it be fishing, driving or just outdoors but after getting my Fuglies last month I have used them every time I have fished. I always thought polarized glasses for fishing was a bit of a wank but after using them its amazing how much more you seem in the water and know where the snags are.
    Also one of the biggest things I have noticed is that after fishing all day my eyes aren't as tired. I travel a fair bit with work and driving for a few hours with sun glare tires me more then lack of sleep, since wearing sunnies driving and fishing I don't get any where near as tired driving home at the end of the day.

-Craig B

7. ziller

ziller New Member

Apr 25, 2007
    maybe some fuglies for this bloke

8. BackInBlack

BackInBlack New Member

Aug 2, 2006