1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

What is happening

Discussion in 'Fishing General Chat' started by kev209, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Missniss

Missniss Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Wow, never heard of tailor being called that lol But all good :)

creekboy and kev209 like this.
  2. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2016
    ya see down here in the 70s and 80s they were called skipjack tailor so skippys for short and me being a creature of habit it has just stuck , around here you can tell a local kid from a rubber neck coz of what they call them ....

cheers TAC

creekboy, kev209 and Rod Bender like this.
  3. Missniss

Jan 27, 2018
    My father used to call them choppers, hence why I was confused :)

creekboy, Tackleberry and kev209 like this.
  4. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    Thanks to the people who sent PMs as well as those who posted their kind thoughts. You'll never know how much it is appreciated.
    Not going to print the whole story. It's too long.

I had some minor heart surgery on Monday, done through an artery in my groin.
    A guy said I was going to sleep in a minute but I think his timing was out by about 58.5 seconds, so
    I never did get to find out if they had warm hands. Not even whether it was one of the blokes or the gorgeous lady that was involved there. They did some stuff in the old ticker that I will never fully understand and the medico says he's happy with it. Got back home Friday arvo. Have to go back for a review in ten days and he will then choose a date to have the defibrillator replaced with one that has more electrodes into the heart as well as do some more work inside it.

Following the next review he will decide if a further op is needed. That one is to be avoided at all cost. There are some serious risks involved and it means six hours on the operation table. Not something to laugh about.

A
    lthough still a little wobbly;
    at this stage things are better than I expected. Hopefully will be closer to normal after the weekend. Thanks again to you all. Noel

Madfisher, Rod Bender, diesel and 4 others like this.
  5. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    Glad things went well Noel, Different result this end

Rod Bender and creekboy like this.
  6. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    Great to see you are still here, Noel. Now it looks like we have to look after Kev. Cheers to you both, creekboy(Lyall).

7. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Good to see that you are back home Noel and the op went well. I guess it goes without saying that you will have to take it easy for a while, no sneaking the boat out when the wife isn't keeping you under control :D.

You take care, old mate.

Jeff

8. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    We need some more info mate. Noel

creekboy and kev209 like this.
  9. Missniss

Jan 27, 2018
    Glad things went well Noel, take it one day at a time mate :)
    Not good Kev, hope they find out exactly what's going wrong soon and sort ya out :)
    Take Lyn out, one day won't hurt ya ;)
    I am home from Qld, now I know why I left up there. Stopped at Narrabri for a quick shut eye and started shivering, 11c :) :) that's when it hit me that I was getting closer to home, so bugger the nap, back behind the wheel hehe Gonna take me a week to get over the drive up and back, plus need to find out where I am putting all of my sons car parts now and rearrange sheds.

10. Missniss

Jan 27, 2018
    Not to mention, take my cruiser in for a wheel alignment after hitting 2 big skippies :(

Tackleberry, creekboy and kev209 like this.
  11. Madfisher

Madfisher Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Good to hear it went well Noel. keep well mate.
    Bad luck hitting the skippies Miss, hope no damage.
    Cheers guys.

Tackleberry, creekboy and kev209 like this.
  12. Missniss

Jan 27, 2018
    Nah just a wheel alignment :) one of my side steps is a tad dented, but all good :) I think hitting the roos was nothing, at least I missed the wombat and saw no pigs this trip. But will be doing the trip all over again in July, so time will tell lol

13. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    Not much been happening here. I haven't been here. Got back from Canberra private hospital yesterday. Second visit in two weeks. This one was four days in CCU and on both occasions; I've had the most equipment and best service I could imagine in any hospital. The staff were from too many different countries and of so many shades of colour I could never remember them all. But they all had one common denominator.
    They were wonderful and
    provided a service quality beyond my imagination. Have had two reasonably small op's now with one much bigger due in four weeks. Those op's required a fair bit of hair trimming and shaving in places that made me thankful there wasn't one cut throat razor in sight and I was asleep before I found if their hands were cold or warm. The next one is to either replace or upgrade the defibrillator implant and get some more electrode wires into the old ticker.
    What a place: Being under supervision every minute; with ECGs and all the other tests every half hour after the op's made sleep impossible the first nights, but it had to be done and one couldn't question their caring.
    At over $4000 a day plus the operation's costs, it's the most expensive hotel I've ever used. It's also the best I've used. A great place but only if you need it. We are also thankful for our top level health insurance. It never cost a cent.
    I thank all you people who have been in contact during the recent difficult times and continue to be thankful for your support.
    That sort of thing has a value beyond words.
    But no chance of going fishing for a short time at least, as I can't drive just yet. Noel

14. kev209

kev209 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2016
    Great to hear things went well

creekboy and Old fisho like this.
  15. Missniss

Jan 27, 2018
    At that price it should have mirrors on the ceiling :)
    Glad to hear all went well so far, we are all thinking of you Noel :)
    Hang in there, you'll be casting a line in no time x

16. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    No mirrors; that's where the TV was. Thanks Sandy

creekboy, Missniss and kev209 like this.
  17. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Plenty of time for that later Noel...don't stress!:)
    cheers
    Jim

18. creekboy

creekboy Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2016
    X2. Cheers, Lyall.

Old fisho and kev209 like this.
  19. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    A trip to the Nine Mile Creek yesterday did not even produce a carp! A trip to a nearby channel today also did not produce a fish! I also tried to collect yabbies on both trips and failed. I got 2 that I kept and let several larger specimens go. Things are pretty touch here and that may be why there isn't much traffic on TBX!
    cheers
    Jim

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    AJ Fishman, creekboy, diesel and 2 others like this.
  20. Old fisho

Sep 14, 2016
    Some of us can't even go out to find out

creekboy, diesel and kev209 like this.