1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

What is the Plan...

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fishing' started by jedgpz, Nov 26, 2019.

1. jedgpz

jedgpz Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2019
    With the Murray Cod season set to refire on Sunday, What are people planning?
    I will head out some where local on Sunday arvo to see if I cant open the Cod account for the 2019 - 2020 season.
    Cheers Jed

2. DeeBeeKay

DeeBeeKay Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    My plan as long as no one throws a spanner in the works is to sneak out before light and be ready to throw some surface lures around of the bank, If I'm as lucky as last year it shouldn't be long before I open the account. It will be mayhem on the river so won't bother with the boat until Monday, cheers davo

diesel, Old fisho, jedgpz and 2 others like this.
  3. Rod Bender

Rod Bender Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2016
    The only cod related certainty for me at the moment is the 'Codference'!
    Cheers
    Team Bender
    Hasn't even got time to think of some witty line to sign off with!

kev209, diesel, Old fisho and 2 others like this.
  4. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Am thinking of dropping into the blowering dam over the break and flinging some cod lures about then over the range to Eucenbene on way home.

5. jedgpz

jedgpz Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2019
    Off to Lake Nagambie tomorrow to get a metre plus Murray cod. Report to follow. just hope it is not a donut report

kev209 likes this.
  6. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    Blair, this is a bit of derail but is an update on what's happening. We have no idea of the area's road situation at present after having both Princes and Kings Highways closed by fires. Princes has reopened with restrictions but there's no word of when the Kings Hwy might open. Many dangerous trees. Several roads into coastal communities are closed as are other minor roads and some servos are just about out of diesel with no more on the way. Food could become more scarce soon but right now is not a problem. Most supplies come up the Hume Highway, then across from Canberra, regardless of whether the stuff is from Melbourne or Sydney.
    The RFS site suggested bad conditions could mean doubling the fire's size and if it moved southward it could reach Moruya. We are of course still under heavy smoke and it has burnt over 80,000 hectares of bushland.
    Tourist trade and visitors have plummeted to a new low. Caravan parks are inundated with cancellations. A shop owner in Mogo the other day said his business turnover had dropped below 30% of normal. We has a coffee in our usual place and the staff were wandering around looking for something to do. Parking in Mogo's main street, the highway, was simple; usually impossible.
    I have to be in Canberra for tests Monday morning. Our only road is south to Bega and over Brown Mountain. It's a pretty drive but adds roughly 150 kms each way.
    Not expecting to see any visitors unfortunately.
    Noel
    There are others far worse off.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
    kev209 likes this.
  7. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    kev209 likes this.
  8. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Thanks for the heads up on road closures Noel, I will give u a buzz on Wednesday next week and see how things are going , if everythings good and I do head your way I will be in a white dmax ute whith white bassmaster on back of ute driven by whiteman, if a black ute whith a black bassmaster driven by a black and crispy bloke I will have had a bit of trouble whith fires. I will hit the road next thursday or Friday. I will give u a ring on Wednesday and see how things are going, if I don't head your way I will head to blowering for a cod mission then to Victoria.
    cheers

Old fisho, diesel and kev209 like this.
  9. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Bloody heck, nearly made me cry I agree it must have been a roll over that done it I will give blowering a miss, lucky u let me know thanks. Along time ago I seen usually 2 large dead cod floating in each pool of the murrimbidgee during a severe drought.
    thanks again.
    Diesel: wealth of information:rolleyes:

Old fisho, diesel and kev209 like this.
  10. Old fisho

Old fisho Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2016
    We had some unexpected news yesterday that the Kings Hwy from Canberra has been opened. It seems that those in charge don't really expect the road to close again unless it's for remedial work. They seem to have removed many/most of the trees that were potentially dangerous. We go to Canberra tomorrow (confirmed app'ts) to see medicos Monday and Tuesday, with a chance of a follow up Wednesday. I have no more such app'ts before Christmas. If you come this way, the door is open wide. Won't need a tent here. Our place has a roof on it.
    Will send a PM with phone numbers. Kev has had problems from putting hic contacts in the public area of TBX.
    Not from any of the regulars of course.
    Noel

diesel and kev209 like this.
  11. blair

blair Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2018
    ok thanks for that Noel, looks like I will c u next week.
    cheers

kev209 likes this.