1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

what type of boat have you got

Discussion in 'Boats' started by Felix, Aug 25, 2005.

1. SMH

SMH New Member

Oct 13, 2005
    Gday All,

Bought a brand new 435 Hornet Trophy two weeks ago, and a 55lb bow mount minn kota, Lowrance LCX17M sounder/GPS combination unit, large Bimini cover, and heaps of extra little bits.

Here lies the problem, the day I collected the boat from the shop the damn transmission in the car clagged out on the way home so my boat has not yet seen the water....NOT FAIR

Anyway hope to have everything organised by mid march and then back into some serious fishing again, first destination, Lake mulwala probably.

Steve SMH Angling Solutions

2. User1

User1 Active Member

Aug 11, 2004
    Sounds fantastic Steve. Remember we are gathering interest for a Tacklebox Fishing Trip to Mulwala in June ... perhaps you could join us also.

Whack some photos up in the gallery when you get some too. Its always good to see how others have setup their boats.

Congrats on the purchase.

3. Dubs4130

Dubs4130 New Member

Mar 19, 2006
    I just got my first boat. It's a 5.5m cobarr half cabin cruiser. It has all the goodies aswell as a toilet, sink and two beds. I guess you could say I'm pretty stoked. I'll get some pics soon.

4. Sparkesy2

Sparkesy2 New Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Congratulations Dubs - sounds very nice. I hope you get as much enjoyment out of your boat as we do with ours although with you living in Queensland you will probably take your boat out more often than we do.

5. ozdevil

ozdevil New Member

Aug 30, 2005
    well done dubs you will have great time out in ya boat mate i am shore it will give you many happy moments and i am looking forward to seeing a few pics of your craft

cheers
    OZ

6. Goodoo Dreaming

Goodoo Dreaming New Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Only a 30hp.........what's wrong with the 40hp, now that's some power to weight ratio AND legal!

7. Goodoo Dreaming

Apr 12, 2006
    Here's old faithful. A 390 Hornet Trophy, has served Team Goodoo Dreaming well over the last 7 years but alas it will soon be time to pass her on to new foster home to make way for a new 445 Hornbag (hopefully).

Hit the link below for a run down, although the page is not quite finished as I only started this page 5 years ago and you know how busy we fisho's get.[LOL]

http://www.goodoodreaming.com/my_quintrex_...rnet_trophy.htm

8. User1

User1 Active Member

Aug 11, 2004
    Hey steady ... speak to me when its time to move it on mate .... :) Got any outside pics of it ?

9. GALVO

GALVO New Member

May 6, 2006
    I have a Stessel 385 Edge Tracker Tourmamnet, 25Hp Yamaha and 55ld Min-Kota Riptide. Ive had for a little over 4 years. Over the winter I am replacing the carpeted casting decks and floors and doing a few other little things to it.

GALVO

10. User1

User1 Active Member

Aug 11, 2004
    C'mon mate - get some pics posted in the Image Gallery :)

11. Goodoo Dreaming

Apr 12, 2006
    What do we have here........a prospective buyer....Hmmm! Step into my office.:cool:

Dont hold your breathe, I along with alot of other people will believe it when it happens.:D

I do hope to sell toward the latter half of the year but a few things have to happen first. Fingers crossed and I'll have a shiny new 445 Hornbag for the Team Tacklebox debut at the COC. 8^D

12. strappa

strappa New Member

May 10, 2006
    400 HORNY TROPHY is my bathtub, 30 horse yammy, 55lb bow mount minn kota, lawrance finder on back, garmin on the front, pioneer stereo, 27mg radio and a couple of holes in the hull.
    Want to upgrade to a 40 horse 4 stroke yammy and put in a side consol, time and patience is needed though.
    Also Dolphin kayak for the rivers, especially the Goulburn and campaspe.
    Paul.

13. luna-c

luna-c New Member

Jun 2, 2006
    G'day, i own a 04 stacer 420 seahorse with a 30 yammy. she'a a good thing...luna-c

14. rojac

rojac New Member

May 20, 2006
    420 stacer sports with 30 elec tiller suzy

Last edited: Jun 9, 2008
  15. the doc

the doc Guest

My boat

My boat is a 4.1 quintrex wide body dory,it has a 25 mercury on it.Since buying the boat i have extended the floor,put in a radio,fitted nav lights,also made up some side pockets,Sorry about the photos but it was raining the day i took them.

16. SMH

SMH New Member

Oct 13, 2005
    Gday.

Well my boat is slowly increasing in accessories, along with intial post it now includes a 50Hp Yamaha EFI 4 stroke, a marine radio, floor & navigation lights, 10 rod holder locations, storgae racks under the gunnels for oars, stern light extension pole, ariels when not in use, and still more works in progress.

The 50Hp has just a bit more grunt than I anticipated but trolls along nicely with the elctronic rpm adjustment.....ooooooohhhhhh I love my boat.

And have finally figured out how to save my waypoints etc on the GPS / Sounder combo unit...bonus.

Steve SMH Angling Solutions

17. Goodoo Dreaming

Apr 12, 2006
    How slow does the 50hp troll or do you have a baffle on it already?

18. GALVO

GALVO New Member

May 6, 2006
    Have decided against refitting out my boat over the winter. Have decided to hold on to as it is for one more cod season and then repalce it with a new 445 or 480 Trophy Hornet towards the end of the next financial year. Have been given permission fand the go ahead from the Minister of Finance as well.

GALVO

19. floyd

floyd Guest

[​IMG]not a very big one!

20. floyd

floyd Guest

[​IMG]

I also have a Horizen 4mtre tiller steer with 25 johno

cheers floyd