1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Wheel Lock

Discussion in 'Boats' started by Ozzy, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Ozzy

Ozzy New Member

Nov 30, 2005
    After seeing this on another site I thought what a great idea must make one of those , between this and the hitch lock they are going to go looking for easier pickings .

Made from solid bar and water pipe and a padlock off ebay it works well , I undid the wheel with it on and couldn't get the wheel anywhere near off to be able to put another one on. And to tow it away it locks up the wheel and will certainly draw attention.

Thieves are opportunistic if it's to hard or takes to long they will target the easier option.

All I have to do now is paint it flouro orange so it stands out and another job done

Cheers
    Ozzy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Tombowler76

Tombowler76 EEEE OOORRR!

Jan 11, 2007
    looks gr8 Ozzy, thanks for sharing that :)

3. skinnee

skinnee New Member

Apr 17, 2009
    good idea there ozzy, good luck to anyone trying to get it off in a hurry

4. John h

John h New Member

Mar 31, 2009
    That's pretty niffty. Pitty I can't weld :(

5. straydog

straydog New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    Good idea, Ozzy. its getting hard now to secure trailers and if your parked at a lonley location it makes it harder these days, because these days they have cordless angle grinders which makes it quicker to cut through things without having to cart a generator.

such a shame people cant just have respect for other peoples property,

in the mean time we can only make it harder for people to pinch things, and that would certainly stop the average theif