1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Where are they biting?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fishing' started by Sparkesy2, Oct 3, 2005.

1. Sparkesy2

Sparkesy2 New Member

Aug 31, 2005
    As the weather has been disappointing in the last few weeks here in Melbourne, John and I are wanting to go away this weekend to do some freshwater fishing most likely taking our boat.

Where are the fish biting in Victoria? We don't really want to travel too far, maybe a couple of hours drive. Thinking of leaving early Saturday morning and coming back Sunday evening.

Any suggestions?

2. ozdevil

ozdevil New Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Natalie

i heard that the weather is going to be really Nasty in Victoria this weekend for both fresh and saltwater

With Adelaide only a couple of hours drive away and leaving Melbourne around 6pm you will be here in Adelaide by 2pm leave the boat home... and we will go in search and lambada with some real snapper not like those snapper you get in victoria :grin:

or you could catch a late flight out on friday and ozdevils taxi service will pick you guys up and Ozdevils Bed and breaky will put you guys up for the weekend. and then as an added bonus ozdevils charter service will take you out in the hunt for snapper....

Also Sparkesy1 can catch up with his brother on a surprise visit :thumb: :D

So what time do you want us to pick you up from the airport Natalie :lol:

or another idea if you dont want to seek the Adelaide service

is to drive up to lake Eildon staying at Hewies Bed and breakfast and Hewies charter service will show you where to catch some nice trout :thumb: :D

I am very certain you will get looked after either in Adelaide or in at Lake Eildon

cheers
    ozdevil

3. ozchez

ozchez New Member

Sep 8, 2005
    Like oz just said it is just going to be the worst weather in Vic this coming weekend so you should definitely seek out the ozdevil services. I can guarantee it will be a very enjoyable weekend away.

To Adelaide
    Fri, 07 Oct 05 $160 per couple

Flight DJ 543

Operated by Virgin Blue
    11:50 am
    Depart
    Melbourne
    12:40
    Arrive
    Adelaide

To Melbourne
    Sun, 09 Oct 05 $130 per couple

Flight DJ 548

Operated by Virgin Blue
    16:00
    Depart
    Adelaide
    17:45
    Arrive
    Melbourne

There you go, there's the info for you... shall I book it now on your behalf??

Oz's taxi service will meet you at the gate at 12.40pm and I shall see you at 7pm after work.

Chez

4. Sparkesy2

Sparkesy2 New Member

Aug 31, 2005
    GET OUT OF HERE! :)
    If you reverse the flights, we can all go to Hewie's bed & breakfast.

5. Hewie

Hewie New Member

Aug 23, 2005
    SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN TO ME ........... but you'll all have to bring your swags as the rooms are fully booked this Fri & Sat, but we'll string up a tarp out in the back garden.
    ;-) ;-)

BUT.... the two weekends after that are available .... and our hospitality is almost as famous as yours Nat
    :smile: :grin:

6. Sparkesy2

Sparkesy2 New Member

Aug 31, 2005
    What other accommodation do you recommend Hewie if we decide to come up your way? This is going to be a fishing weekend for us so preferably not a bed & breakfast. and I'M NOT STAYING IN A TENT unless its a *****+ rating! Are there any motels?

Does anybody know if there's any activity happening at Lake Fyans or Lake Wartook (Victoria)?

7. Sparkesy2

Sparkesy2 New Member

Aug 31, 2005
    We are also thinking of heading towards Lake Eppalock, fishing there all Saturday, then head towards Bendigo for dinner then a sleep. Sunday heading back down to Cairn Curran. Has anyone been that way recently or heard any reports?

8. User1

User1 Active Member

Aug 11, 2004
    We're off up the Murray this weekend :) Got the Tinny ready :)

9. Sparkesy2

Sparkesy2 New Member

Aug 31, 2005
    My eldest daughter (Judy) is going camping on the Murray. Where are you heading Marc?

10. User1

User1 Active Member

Aug 11, 2004
    We're heading to our van at Strathmerton (near Cobram). Finally get to use the new outfit I bought specifically for the Murray and plastics.

11. Hewie

Hewie New Member

Aug 23, 2005
    Hi Nat,

IMO ... the NEXT BEST accommodation up here is the "Eildon Parkview Motor Inn" (Peter & Molly Kearon 5774 2165) Hillside Ave. Eildon. If you book, tell em the fat man from RobynsNest sent you. :smile:

They have 2 of what they call units, which have two separate bedrooms, lounge/dining and have their own kitchen ($85/couple). They also have standard double rooms without cooking ($77 couple). Breakfast is extra, if required.

Unlike most motels all rooms/units have back doors that open up onto a rear lawn & parkland setting perfect for relaxing in - there are also BBQ's for guest use out there.

Don't want to cook .... they also have the BEST restaurant in the district on their grounds (HUGE meals, very reasonable prices).

There is also room to park the boat.

But, I must admit from the reports I've been getting the fishing at Eppalock for the past 2 weeks has been better than here - apparently the Yella's are 'going off' up there ATM.

Whatever you decide ... have a great weekend away!!!
    :grin: ;-)

12. Sparkesy2

Sparkesy2 New Member

Aug 31, 2005
    I bringing this thread back to the top as I need your help guys.
    Tell us where we should go.

Marc, that's the area my daughter goes. I know Strathmerton quite well - my uncle lived in Cobram and I lived in Finley so did many a trip through Strathmerton to do my shopping in Shepparton. I'm hoping it doesn't rain this weekend.
    If we stay in Melbourne we get the wind, if we go away we'll probably get the rain!
    We also thought of going to Nagambie but gave that one a miss.

13. ozdevil

ozdevil New Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Natalie

I would suggest just a lake pick the nearest town to that lake as it seems that you guys a certain you want to do some lake fishing..

As Hewie said that eppalock is fishing better then Eildon at the moment it might be better heading there and besides callop do taste nice on the barbie...

head west to say Bullen Merri near Camperdown Always a chance to catch a salmon and trout

better still Natalie you still always can come and fish the st vincent gulf for big knobbers

cheers
    ozdevil

14. Sparkesy1

Sparkesy1 New Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Oz

I hope you mean snapper when you say "big knobbers" ????

John

15. ozdevil

ozdevil New Member

Aug 30, 2005
    yes John i do meen big snapper when i say big knobbers.... what time do you want me to have theboat ready John... we could send the gurls to garage sales or we could put Natalie to help chez paint while we fish

cheers
    oz

16. Sparkesy2

Sparkesy2 New Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Well, now where do we go ... I've just come back from Compleat Angler from picking up the underwater camera FINALLY .. anyway, Rudy said that his mates went to Lake Eppaloch last weekend - the lake was very dirty and they didn't catch a thing so ended up leaving and went to Lake Eildon where they caught 4 nice size trout.

Very confused now. :-(

17. ozdevil

ozdevil New Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Well its simple really Natalie go where the heart tells you guys to go :thumb: you guys just need to get away somewhere dont worry about thefishen to much treat it as a relaxing weekend and if the fish bite so be it:thumb: :D

where ever you guys head to it will be a great weekend

cheers
    ozdevil