1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Where to for Easter?

Discussion in 'Fishing General Chat' started by Craig_B_, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Craig_B_

Craig_B_ Member

Mar 19, 2006
    G'day one and all,

Easter is not long away and I'm sure I'm not the only one looking forward to a few days away some where.
    As yet I haven't decided where I'm going but know I can't wait to get away for a few days and relax and catch fish!

Do other members have a regular Easter weekend away any where in particular?
    I have spent a few easters fishing and camping in the Ovens state park about 10km past Bundelong (25km from yarrawonga) there is the Ovens and Murray rivers and some nice back waters. This area is genrally very good on long weekends as there is no skiers getting into this section of the river but maybe with all the lakes having no water up around Yarrawonga maybe packed.

mmm, maybe time to head west and over the boarder.

-Craig

2. Goodoo Dreaming

Goodoo Dreaming New Member

Apr 12, 2006
    I'm heading out to the Kyalite area with some freinds. Not sure if we are camping on the Edwards or the Wakool.

3. chris_macca

chris_macca New Member

Jan 19, 2007
    I'm heading to Balranald (Murrumbidgee) and Robinvale (Murray).

Cheers

Chris

4. Goodoo Dreaming

Goodoo Dreaming New Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Just beware the speed boats at Robinvale! They are getting thicker!

5. GALVO

GALVO New Member

May 6, 2006
    I'm heading to Forster NSW to see wife's family up there. There for week or so. Will be throwing a few soft plastics for some bream, flathead and mulloway.

May even sneak off for a night and head to Tamworth to chase the all mighty green fish.

Cheers

GALVO

6. shade

shade New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    I'm going to be checking out west of echuca, just work my way along, most of what I have been doing the past few months have been east of it .. about time I got further down-river :)

7. craig-cv

craig-cv New Member

May 16, 2006
    go below torrumbarry dave ul miss the darned ski boats then;) goodluck

8. Wyld Fisher

Wyld Fisher New Member

Nov 29, 2006
    I thinl i'm just staying home! I don't want easter eggs this year! I want a Pitpro 140cc motorbike! LOL

9. shade

shade New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    thanks fonk!

that saves me a lot of frustration ... and sinkers ;)

10. arry t

arry t New Member

Mar 23, 2007
    go with fonk

below the torrumbarry weir is the go there are heaps of good spots both vic and nsw sides i should be floating around there some where

11. shade

shade New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    no wukkas arry_t :)

with my snag record, I'll hook onto ya and drag you in ;)

can't miss me, red 4wd with cod stickers on the back side windows :p

.. or just look for the bloke tumbling down embankments over snags chasing after his kayak, or trying to get his lure out of the trees, it's pretty much either or :)

12. arry t

arry t New Member

Mar 23, 2007
    Ok shade might see out there mate

13. Rob Roffey

Rob Roffey New Member

Dec 2, 2005
    I'll be heading out around Geraldton , chassing tailor from shore:gone

14. ausbushman

ausbushman New Member

Nov 12, 2006
    i will be going to the edward or the bidgee,the water will be low,my little tinny dosent mind getting belted around

15. shade

shade New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    umming and arring about avoiding the speed-craft and crowds on the Murray, and thinking of heading down to Metung and doing some estuary fishing in my dad's fishing boat :\ maybe up the tambo .. hmm

Anyone going around that region? we could hook up for a fish .. just weighing my options, nothing worse than trying to find a spot on an unknown stretch, and finding 20 jetski's bearing down on you :(

16. gone_fishing

gone_fishing New Member

Nov 4, 2006

watch out for the boys in blue past 37 between nabiac and newcastle today
    more bikes than cars use the nabiac entance into forster heaps quicker now with a couple of bypass upgrades open lakes way is a right bitch of a road
    have a happy easter

17. shade

shade New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    I went up to torrumbarry .. gee wiz talk about packed out.

I took me ex-gf son and another mate, we caught 2 small cod between us, at night.

We ended up after 2 days and nights up there, heading back in toward Mulwala, and ended up getting 4 cod and a trout cod. the largest was 51cm.

I was really happy with Forrest, the 12yo :) when we got the 51cm, I left it up to him whether to keep it or not, and he chose to release it 8-} I'm so proud :) I'd taught him all about catch and release, but he wanted to try one of we got one over the legal limit he was saying all weekend, but once he was looking at the fish, it was too pretty to kill :) he's so happy he did too, I'm wrapped.