1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Where tp mount my downrigger

Discussion in 'Boats' started by m_fraser, Apr 26, 2007.

1. m_fraser

m_fraser New Member

Apr 24, 2007
    Hey guys how u going just after some advice on where to mount my scotty lake downrigger. I am targeting trout and have a 385 explorer trophy and wanted some ideas on where is best to mount it, everyone seems to say different things.

2. Bender

Bender New Member

May 6, 2007
    I used to hang mine on the same side as my sounder then you could send it back to the same depth every time you caught a fish as it showed up as a thin line on the screen.

3. born2spawn

born2spawn New Member

May 11, 2007
    I 've mounted two scotty depth masters on a 435 tinny, and have them mounted port and starboard half way along the gunnel. Running a 20% transducer beam they appear at about 13ft depth on the sounder, and disappear at about 60ft due to swing back of the bomb, can be overcome though by manually changing transducer angle.

Have found having them mounted forward enables you to watch sounder screen and rod tip at same time.