1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

which boat

Discussion in 'Boats' started by age186, Feb 8, 2010.

1. age186

age186 New Member

Dec 10, 2009
    g day guys just wanted to know some opinions on which boat to go for
    i think i am going to go for ether a stacer or quintrex but dont know any pros or cons any help would be good looking at around the 4 to 5 m mark in aliminium for river and the ocasional bay trip all so what motors do we think are best i have a yamaha at the moment and nevva had a probelem with it i know mercurys are verry noisey and the hond 4 strokes use more fule then 2 strokes
    i dont want to start any fights on here over each others brands but would love to know some opinions from the people that use the boats/motors rather then what the sales man tells me
    cheers

2. Doodah

Doodah New Member

Apr 14, 2009
    For starters mate, how much do you wanna spend? $1000 - $25000.
    Stacer/Quinnie/Blue Fin/Tabs, all good, just find a fitout that suits you.
    Whoever told you Honda's guzzle fuel is full of ****, or has an incorrectly powered/propped boat. I have over 800 hours on a 2001 BF50 on a 455 Hornet trophy, never had a problem with it, and great on fuel. Much better than my brothers 50HP Yammy 2 stroke 435 trophy.
    Any 4 stroke is the way to go these days, Yammy/Honda in my opinion are the leaders here, and I would be happy to have a new outboard of either brand pushing my boat.

3. Mickkk

Mickkk New Member

May 16, 2009
    Quintrex 475 Hornet Trophy with a 4-stroke yamaha 60