1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Yamaha Outboard Paint

Discussion in 'Boats' started by Goodoo Dreaming, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Goodoo Dreaming

Goodoo Dreaming New Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Has anyone delved into where to buy Yamaha outboard factory paint from? I'm not wanting it in a spraycan as this is only touch-up paint. I need the actual paint so I can put it in a spray gun.

2. Ozzy

Ozzy New Member

Nov 30, 2005
    Any Yamaha Dealer should be able to source you a can mate

Ozzy

3. Craig_B_

Craig_B_ Member

Mar 19, 2006
    mmm, that would be hard to track down I would think.

I know you can buy toch up paint for nearly every brand outboard but I know you can not buy after market generic Yamaha spray cans which are the exact same colour. Only genuine Yamaha spray cans offer the exact same color. I think its due to the metalic clor where as most other outboards are a simple colour, black, white, etc.

mmm, you need paint, sounds like Steady has an idea in his head!

good luck.

-Boobs

4. Ozzy

Ozzy New Member

Nov 30, 2005
  5. fish475

fish475 New Member

Jul 21, 2007
    An extract out of Ozzy's website links reads " the paint color code: 4D. Now look up Yamaha outboard motor paint colors on the ColorRite website. You’ll find 004D. That’s the color needed for the F90 outboard’s cowling. If you have any questions, call ColorRite at 1-800-736-7980 or Yamaha Customer Relations at 1-866-894-1626.

The color on my can also reads Mar-Paint -00-4D" Current for 94 to current

Cheers
    Garry

6. Goodoo Dreaming

Apr 12, 2006
    I have a dealer chasing it up for me but I'm getting impatient.

7. Goodoo Dreaming

Apr 12, 2006
    Yeah your right, I have a spray can and it's not real close to the original.

As for "Steady has an idea"....it seems as I'm forced to do something with the paint work since my son (Ricky) dropped a rather large esky on top of the outboard and and cracked the Cowl.

The positive side of it, he's a panel beater and has repaired it and now waiting for paint. I dont think it will be ready for the week-end so Ill have to put up with it in spray putty or he may use the spraycan and re-paint it later or he'll just have to airbrush a design on it which is what I want ultimately.

8. Craig_B_

Craig_B_ Member

Mar 19, 2006
    make him air brush it while he is at it!

I have a spare cowling that fits a 40hp dont know if it is the safe size?
    Also I'm sure Roundy will lend you his outboard covers australia cowling cover if you want it for the weekend, again its for a 40hp but think it will fit.

-Boobs

9. Goodoo Dreaming

Apr 12, 2006
    I just might put a sign "This spot for rent" on it. What do you think?

10. didge

didge New Member

Nov 7, 2008

Last edited: Jan 12, 2009