1. Welcome to Tacklebox.com.au

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view the discussions and access some of our other features. Registration is simple, fast and absolutely free.

Your Boat ....

Discussion in 'Boats' started by User1, Nov 24, 2008.

1. User1

User1 Active Member

Aug 11, 2004
    I was thinking this morning that many TBX'ers have upgraded their tubs in the last season so I thought maybe its time for a reminder of who has what and what it looks like now. Might make it easier for TBX'ers to recognise others on the water.

I'll kick it off with an 'artist's impression' of what mine should look like next time it sees the water (Cod Opening '08). It's strappa's old 400 Hornet Trophy. Still got a few things I want to do for it prior to opening, that should see 1 - 2 more seasons before I will probably be upgrading in size.

Should be easy to recognise mine on the water! (hopefully).

[​IMG]

So what have you got and what's it now look like?

2. Craig_B_

Craig_B_ Member

Mar 19, 2006
    G'day,

Here is my current rig. Funny thing I have found with boats, each one i get i think its the ultimate then once I've had it the mind starts to wonder! mmm, next will probably be a Custom Action Craft but that can wait a few years as my current little pocket rocket is doing me fine and it meets my needs well.
    I had the idea for the boat name before i even brought it, had an image in my head and with the great help of Hoppa I had it designed up so I could get the sign work done.

Plenty of deck space for walking around casting, there is plenty of storage space for lures, baterrys and gear. The rod locker is a great safe way to store all my rods and reels.
    Have recently had a custom Bimini and travel cover made up.

Cheers
    Boobs

Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
  3. Tombowler76

Tombowler76 EEEE OOORRR!

Jan 11, 2007
    Introducing the Green Swamp Donkey :D

435 Stessl Edgetracker Snag Eatin Swamp Donkey with 40hp Yammy.

[​IMG]

action shot
    [​IMG]

cheers
    Jules

4. Vass

Vass Member

Aug 31, 2006
    I still have the Horny

[​IMG]

5. Got Buckley's

Got Buckley's Queanbeyan NSW

Jul 25, 2008
    Heres davo's boat that will be one of the boats we will be in at the classic,Please give "Big Cods" a yell if you see us, Ill have vid camera in hand and would love some fooatge of TBX's on the water.

[​IMG]

Cheers

6. Timbo

Timbo Member

Nov 4, 2008
    This is my new but old 475 hornet, boat number 4.
    Tim

7. djgtom

djgtom New Member

Jul 8, 2008
    Boy, do i know what you mean. Ordered the current rig (435 HT) and was delivered and saw TB's Actioncraft on mulwala. I am getting me one of those big bad boys next!!!!!!!!!

Thought i wanted a skeeter till i saw that thing

dean

8. chrisso

chrisso New Member

May 6, 2008
    heres our little red rooster!!!! shouldnt be able to miss it, only thing different is a new motorguide leccy. will have 3 eager cod fishos hanging out of it, hopefully with a big cod on the end of the line, if you see us come on over!!!

9. Native_Caster

Native_Caster New Member

Feb 12, 2006
    Damn Hornets:rolleyes: hahaha. I run a 3.95 quintrex Explorer Trophy with a 30hp honda had it 2 years and gets me in amongst the fish. Im going to get another 2-3 years out of it than upgrade to a skeeter or a ranger :D
    [​IMG]

cheers

Stephen

10. steve37

steve37 New Member

Jun 21, 2006
    for upstream

[​IMG]

for downstream

[​IMG]

and for the nooks and crannys in between

[​IMG]

11. Quanger

Quanger Not so junior member

Nov 18, 2008
    "The Green Swamp Donkey", not the sort of thing you want to see at daybreak after a night on the turps Jules, otherwise it's always good to run into you mate.

12. cod_seeker

cod_seeker New Member

Sep 8, 2006
    [​IMG]
    here is my tub:)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2008
  13. Adam Bosley

Adam Bosley New Member

Dec 4, 2006
    Nice looking Boat there Cod Seeker.

14. cod_seeker

cod_seeker New Member

Sep 8, 2006
    cheers bro:)

15. cod_seeker

cod_seeker New Member

Sep 8, 2006
    it,s ok ill like to get a biger one .1 day

Last edited: Nov 26, 2008
  16. melika~meshell

melika~meshell Chicks who FISH!!! :D:D:D

Nov 23, 2008
    Gee, you guys have some damn fine boats.....puts mine to shame lol:rolleyes:
    To be honest, couldn't tell you exactly what my boat is, it's old and I got it of ebay with no real identifiable marks. One thing I can be proud of is I rebuilt it....a bigger job then I originally thought it would be.
    Here's kinda what it was like when I got it...except I'd already stripped a tacky green layer of paint off and removed a smashed up tacky "duck head" windscreen. Also pulled out some of that fake lawn crap (don't know why the former owner put that in....waterlogging rubbish)
    View attachment 804
    View attachment 805
    And after....well, I'd like to think not too bad for a chick ;) and it's certainly better then no boat at all :lol:
    View attachment 806
    If anyone would like to check out a bit more info on the rebuild (exactly how bad the boat was) checkout:
    http://treknfish.com/boat.htm (disregard the rest of the treknfish site, I haven't had time to finish it:eek:)
    I'd love to hear what people think.
    cheers Michelle

17. Roo

Roo New Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Looks Good! Not something I'd take on myself and I've used all the tools and done glassing before!!! well done!

18. melika~meshell

Nov 23, 2008
    cheers mate :)

19. Vass

Vass Member

Aug 31, 2006
    A job well done. How long did the project take??

20. melika~meshell

Nov 23, 2008
    Thanks Vass....well I got it in early April 2007...didn't finish it till December same year. Only weekend work (I work 12hr nightshift 5 days a week) so it did take a while (plus funding it lol) It was certainly a great experience....maybe do another one some day - something a bit bigger.